The Day of the Diaper

Every ten years in a place named Babyville, a day occurs. One that the town folks know quite well at this point. The Day of the Diaper. Everyone over the age of 18 would have to go through a trial that would determine their role for the next ten years. They would either become a baby or become a care taker. You had no choice in what you wanted to be. If you happened to be in the town on the wrong night then you had to undergo the trial. If you attempted to leave you would be punished by becoming a baby for the next 30 years. Nonetheless, let's start the story.

"Wake of Nathan!" I heard my mom say. 

I looked at the time, it was early, like really early. 

"Why are you waking me up mom!"
"Do you not know what today is?" She yelled back from downstairs.

With that being said I slowly got dressed and came downstairs.

"What's today mom?" I asked.
"The Day of the Diaper." "I forgot and now we're stuck for this one." 

I sighed. I didn't think my mom was that delusional. The Day of the Diaper was some myth that this town had that our mom would always move out of town for. None of my friends have ever said anything about it, but I was 18 this time, able to be in a "trial." 

"You know it's just a myth right mom?" I said,
"Boy, it's no myth, it's quite real." 

I decided not to argue with her.

"Are you ready for the trial?" My mom asked, looking  away from what she was doing.
"I have no idea what that is, nor do I believe in it."
"You'll be trialed, no one knows what it is, but it determines your role." "It starts at 10, I suggest getting ready, it may be your last time using the toilet for a long time. 

I scoffed a bit at that statement. My friends and I didn't believe in it. It was some dumb myth that older people believed in. There was no way to stop my mom though, so I would just wait until ten to prove to her that it was fake.

9:50 AM

"Nathan." I heard my mom say. "I just want to say that I love you." 
"Mom it'll be alright, it's some dumb myth."

She didn't respond. The time ticked as the clock moved forward. Then the clock hand turned. It was 10. I turned around,

"See mom it-"

Where was I? It wasn't my house it seemed to be a daycare? Preschool? I looked around. There were others around me too. They seemed to be as confused as I was.

"Welcome to the trial." I heard someone say. "You will all be tested." "We will start soon." 

Who said that to me? I noticed I was in a sitting position and I tried to stand. I stood only to fall back onto my butt again. Why couldn't I stand up? I looked at my hands for the first time. They weren't my hands. They were the hands of a toddler! 

"Where-" 

I stopped myself. The word where didn't come out. It was gibberish. I looked at the words all around the room. Gibberish. Was I a.. baby? 

"The trial will now begin, if you have not yet noticed you are all toddlers in diapers." "Your task is very simple, last for 10 minutes without using your diaper. Your time starts now." 

10 minutes? That was easy. Or so I thought until I noticed how full my bladder was. I moved my small hands onto my bladder in order to support my muscles. I wanted to pee. It was painful. Like when you have been holding your pee for days. I looked up at the clock, 30 seconds had passed and I already felt my bladder slipping. Looking around me I saw other toddlers with expressions of relieve as their diapers turned yellowish. 

Could I hold out?