Chapter 66 - Mantis Stalks the Cicada, Unaware of...

Start from the beginning

The black-robed man didn't respond. He shoved a hand into his pocket, felt around, then took his hand out. Laying in the palm of his hand were several gold ingots. "If I give you this, can you and your brothers leave?"

The ghost soldier was stunned.

His eyes thinned at the gold ingot, with greed beginning to pollute his mind—

"SHUT UP!" The ghost soldier snatched the gold ingot, then shoved the black-robed man away. "I have better things to do than to mess around with you, peasant." He sneered, stuffing the gold ingot in his pocket. Then, the ghost soldier turned back to his army-

"Wait." The black-robed man said.

His voice became deep, with a hint of tremor. "You took my gold ingot. Aren't you going to leave now?"

The ghost soldier ignored him, thinking that this man was probably a lunatic. The "lunatic" fell silent, seeing that the ghost soldier had left.

"I see." He laughed.

Suddenly, the air thickened and went stagnant. The night sky seemed darker and more mysterious than ever, as if a beast was just looming beneath the clouds. The black-robed man tore off his hood, revealing his handsome face, with a straight nose and deep brows. He sneered, "You still want to run without paying your debt. Who do you think you are?"

The ghost soldier turned around, wanting to stick his tongue at the "lunatic".

Instead, the moment that he turned around, his head was torn off of his neck—the ghost soldier dissipated into ashes.

Quan Yizhen bent down, then picked up the gold ingot, which the ghost soldier had dropped after his death. He huffed, then looked at the remaining ghost soldiers, who were alert.

"Let's fight."

The Martial God laughed, clearly angry and hot-tempered. He had long unsheathed his sword, then dashed at the army of ghost soldiers.

At the same time, an army began marching towards Ghost Nation. If Luo Binghe or Shen Qingqiu were to see that army, they would've recognized them as demons. The demons arrived at the gate of Ghost Nation. Guarding the gate, the two ghost soldiers were confused.

"Am I blind?" A ghost soldier blurted. "Or why else do I see a horde of demons coming our way? They are even carrying axes... spears... swords..."

His companion shut him up, "Go and alert the main base-"

Before he could say anything else, a sword pierced through his mouth. Liu Qingge looked at his state with disdainful eyes. "Not just a horde of demons."

Additionally to the Demon Army, there was also Cang Qiong Sect joining.

"ATTACK!" Liu Qingge charged, with the army of demons and Cang Qiong Sect's disciples joining him.

A demon girl dressed in red. Sha Hualing jumped from left to right, dodging every incoming attack with grace and beauty. By her side, there was a female cultivator from Cang Qiong Sect. Liu Mingyan dashed across the terrain, slaying ghost soldiers from her radius of one metre.

Her purple robes swayed, and her veil covered the bottom half of her face.

"I will kill more than you!" Sha Hualing declared.