Thirty

It's funny how the council would celebrate hearing that the king was going to bed another woman just to give the kingdom a heir. To them they didn't view it as infidelity but a tradition that had to be done. Not that a king would ever face a punishment of infidelity. A king was allowed to seek pleasure outside his marriage, as long as it doesn't come back to bit the kingdom's ass. Well...with that already said, it clear that they were over the moon that Magdeline was to carry the heir to the throne. They even went as far as seeking wine to celebrate these news. Augustus had faked a smile and joined in the merry jovial mood as they make a toast. He ignored the ache that squeezed his heart painfully, and the lump that cloaked his throat.

Informing Hazel and Ronaldino was the most awkward one, as they had just looked at them with wide eyes, then exchange this uncertain look between each other before gulping audible and nodded their heads like those bobbing dolls. Ronaldino had said a squeaky, "congratulations?" It was more of an unsure statement. Hazel had this weird smile on her face, her eyes still wide, and her head continuously bobbing.

They had sent a letter to Neverland to inform Augustus' parents and Queen Elizabeth. A week later they got a long ass response. A lot was said, but what mattered was them granting them their blessings. They had obviously mentioned their worries, and left words of encouragement. Augustus had no doubt it was his father's thought to put words of solidarity and comfort.

But as he curled alone in the bed, those words seem to be doing nothing for his peace. All he could think of was all the possible positions Sebastian and Magdeline were in right now. Her being on top of him, as Sebastian grips her hips and meeting her thrust, as he moans and admires her beauty. Her being on her four limbs as she cries in pleasure at how nice Sebastian was giving it to her. Or was she lying on her side, enjoying the way Sebastian's dick caressed her sensitive tissues and him nibbling her shoulder. Augustus bit his bottom lip harder as the sounds of their moans echoed in his head. There was no way he could hear them since they were using one of the rooms in the basement, and once they were done Magdeline would sleep in the west wing.

His heart rummaged his chest fiercely, when the bedroom door opened. It had been an hour since Sebastian had left for the basement. Augustus squeezed his eyes, opening them slowly as he felt the bed dip. He turned to look at Sebastian and sat up. His eyes quickly scanned the brunnet, noting his wet hair, and immediately knew he did it. He slept with Magdeline. It was nice of him to bathe but that didn't comfort his sore heart.

"Hey...are you okay?" Sebastian asked, really worried about his husband.

Augustus gulped, finding it hard to speak. Instead his eyes became glassy.  And Sebastian didn't miss it even in the dim light.

"Babe, please don't cry...it was meaningless," he said softly, crawling towards Augustus.

"You actually did it," his voice was a mere whisper.

Sebastian cupped his face, his heart squeezing tightly as he watched drops of tears roll down his cheeks.

"If it any comfort, I thought of you babe. I pictured your beautiful face and lovely eyes..."

"It's okay Sebastian..."

"No it's not Augustus. I feel like I'm losing you and I don't want to."

"I feel like I'm losing you, Seb. You're getting hard for your..."

"I thought of you and it didn't last even longer than five minutes! I don't want to do this Augustus, but I have a duty to do for my people," he pleaded.

Augustus' trembling finger lightly caressed Sebastian's jawline.

"I know," he whispered, but quickly yanked back his hand. "Just give me time to get used to this," he gulped.

Sebastian leaned in for a kiss, and Augustus turned his face away. Silence roamed around them, as the brunnet king felt his heart squeeze tightly.

"I'm tired Seb," Augustus whispered.

As much as Sebastian just wanted to hold the man tightly in his arms and actually never let go because of the fear that clawed in his gut that this was going to mark the end of them, he actually respected the dark hair king's request and shifted away. Augustus sank back on the bed, and curled himself into a ball, pulling the covers above his head.

And that's what happened each time Sebastian was intimate with Magdeline. It's like they just kept drifting apart. Augustus became more and more distant, preferring to rather focus on his duties as a king. He was trying his best to be civil with Magdeline, but he preferred keeping their encounter rather short, and the woman was very understanding.

But Augustus got a little better when Elizabeth made it home this evening. Sebastian didn't know whether he was doing it to not worry his mother, or was he really coming around. Elizabeth hadn't mentioned anything concerning the baby issue, but was rather blabbering about her great time in Neverland. She and Roseline have definitely become good friends.

She gushed over Ronaldino growing too fast, and Hazel who looked less of a princess now and more of a warrior. She either had her sword clutch in her hand, or a book splayed open on her lap. Her red hair was now always pulled up into a ponytail. She has truly changed a lot in just a month. Then Elizabeth was too preoccupied digging into Magdeline's interest. It was like she was avoiding the topic on purpose, and Augustus was grateful.

But everyone could feel the big pink elephant that was in the room with them. Sooner or later they'd have to address it, but for tonight, they just celebrated Elizabeth's return.

¤¤¤¤

I tried to make the chapter longer but I think I'm running towards the stage where the book just needs to end 😂 A few more chapters and we're done!

And please don't tell me about STI's, let's just assume everyone is clean 🤒

Safe sex y'all!!!!!!👏👏