⇛ 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝟓

En başından başla

"no! you lost! he beat you!" jeno yelled.

"he was killed while trying to sneak out of the castle grounds," voldemort said, lying. "killed while trying to save himself—"

yunhee tried breaking away from jaemin, to step up to voldemort and defend her friend who couldn't do that himself, but jaemin refused to let her. he knew it would have consequences. she would get injured too and in the worst-case scenario, end up dead. he just wanted to protect her. even if they were going to die later on, he wanted her to know she was safe in his arms.

"jaemin! hyejin!" jaemin's father called as jeno stepped forwards to confront voldemort. "come here!"

"jaemin, don't go." yunhee said, quickly wrapping her arms back around him.

"i'm not going." he whispered back.

"yes, jaemin, come here. join us!" voldemort yelled and the said boy cringed. voldemort walked past mark and noticing that jaemin was holding yunhee in his arms, a sinister grin appeared on his face. "join us and we'll let the seer live! we'll let all of your friends live!"

"how do i know you'll actually do that?"

"you have my word. no one else will be harmed if you join me. mark is already dead so i have no need for the seer."

yunhee could tell he was lying. she always knew when people were untruthful. but jaemin, on the other hand, was blinded by his want to protect her to see that it was a trap. she felt his hold on her loosen a bit and she panicked.

"don't leave us. don't leave me."

"but if i do, you'll be safe... right?" he replied, glancing up at voldemort who was holding an arm out.

"he's lying. don't fall for it." she insisted and placed her hands on his face, forcing him to look at her. "jaemin, please. the same way you asked of us before, don't leave. i don't want to be separated."

"i just want you all to be safe." he said, a tear rolling down his cheek. "i'll go and then you'll be okay."

"no, no. don't."

jaemin turned to jisung and chenle, gesturing at them to take her away from him. they hesitated at first, not agreeing with what he was going to do, but then came to the conclusion that it was probably for the best. they pried her off jaemin as she struggled to reach him again.

he walked to the middle of the courtyard where voldemort greeted him with an awkward hug, his wand placed on his back as if threatening him.

"now keep your end of the deal." jaemin said.

"i said i'd let them live, but i didn't say i'd let them off unharmed." voldemort replied, grinning at yunhee who had broken free from her best friends and was standing at the front of the crowd.

"yun, no!" he yelled when voldemort lifted his wand. he moved quickly, covering her.

"crucio!" voldemort yelled, hitting jaemin with the spell. he fell to the floor, withering in pain. yunhee rushed forwards and held onto him, wide-eyed. she placed his head on her lap so that he would find some comfort in the fact that she was there.

"stop it! STOP!" she screamed, frightened by the sight of him convulsing. she knew what it felt to be hit with the unforgivable curse and watching someone else suffer from it was just as painful. she held his hand, squeezing it and whispering soothing words.

voldemort finally ended the torture but raised his wand again, about to mutter another curse, when from the right of him, mark who had been on the floor, looking dead, had gotten up. he fired a spell at him and the snake.