⇛ 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝟏

𝐥𝐞𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

yunhee's eyes flew open as she shot up from the cold floor, her heart beating like crazy. she was panicking. mark was dead. he was gone and voldemort had won...

but as she looked around her, she saw that she was in the great hall and everything was as it had been when voldemort and his followers retreated. she was confused.

"yun?" renjun's gentle voice met her ears. he lightly tapped her shoulder to get her attention and she turned to face him, still shaken up.

"what happened? where's mark?" she asked, on the verge of breaking down.

"mark? he's still out somewhere, but, yun, you passed out around thirty minutes ago and have been unconscious since. you must be really exhausted. are you feeling better?"

"wait. i passed out?" she groaned, placing a hand on her forehead. now the ache made sense. "and mark's okay?"

"he went out for a bit. he hasn't returned, but i'm sure he's fine." donghyuck said, joining the two on the floor after overhearing their conversation.

"but wait... it doesn't make sense." she mumbled.

"what?"

she had seen mark die and voldemort boasting about his victory. it felt so incredibly real and the only time her dreams felt like that were when she was having her visions...

"shit!" she jumped up onto her feet, swaying slightly and jeno, who was walking over to speak to renjun, grabbed her arm, steadying her.

"you good?"

"no! get the others quick. mark is going to the forest. we have to stop him." she told him.

"how do you know? did you get your abilities back?" renjun asked, in a hushed tone.

"i think so." she nodded then dashed towards the doors. "i need to find him!"

she wanted to stop him from going to the forest — even though she knew it might not work — but she also needed to tell him something. she had waited too long and it was going to be too late soon. she desperately needed to see and speak to him. there was so much to say without getting tongue tied like she usually would. she was hoping she wouldn't.

"over there!" donghyuck pointed ahead of them where the stairs were. mark was descending them, an unreadable look on his face.

"mark!" yunhee's voice rang throughout the deserted halls. she ran up the stairs that he was walking down, trying to stop him, but he kept moving.

"where have you been?" jaemin asked as they followed him. "we thought you went to the forest."

"i'm going there now." he replied, stopping with his back faced to them.

"are you mad?! you can't!" chenle exclaimed and renjun held his hand up at him to tell him to calm down.

"mark, what happened? what do you know?" he asked.

"i think you all already know. there's a reason i can hear the horcruxes." he said, turning to face them. yunhee's heart dropped at the distressed look on his face. he had finally accepted that there was only one way to end this. she knew it too. she had known all along but was being selfish in not telling him or wanting him to go.