Why can't I just feel pretty? Why must I hurt myself to meet some bizarre standards?

It'll be worth it.

That always seems to do it.

I straighten out my jeans and put on my like, only pair of shoes.

My hair is in its curls per the usual, but I make a little more of an effort to make them not as wild.

"Are you guys okay with cereal? I think that's all we have." I say as I walk into the kitchen.

Emerson is sitting at the table helping Jake with his homework. I find these moments adorable, like we three all have some need to help each other.

"Have we not been able to go to the store?" Emerson pouts. I shake my head sadly. I would do anything to be able to give them a better life. One with snacks galore, sports, and no sadness.

They both go back to what they were doing, and I go to pour them both a bowl of Cheerios. When I pour the milk into the bowls, I realize it has run out.

God, and I can't even go with mom to the store until this weekend.

Life has something against me I think.

I hand them the cereal, and sit myself on the couch to do some homework. We have a test in Calculus today, and homework due in English.

My essay is done, so studying it is. The bus will be here for them in about 10 minutes, so I make sure they know to have their bags ready.

Math is probably my favorite subject. Really weird to most people, but I find it fun. Except when I'm confused I get stressed, and that is not fun.

When a knock on the front door sounds, I immediately panic.

Someone is going to kill us. Mom has left and I'm pretty sure bus drivers don't knock.

I whisper for Emerson and Jake to get under the table, causing them to be very confused.

Stealthily, I walk to the door. I peek through the little window right next to it, viewing the surroundings.

A white jeep?

And the bus.

Oh shit.

"EMERSON, JAKE, THE BUS IS HERE HURRY UP!" I yell.

They both run to me, bags dangling from their arms. I swing open the door to run out.

Unfortunately, I am only met by a solid chest, and my head is now pounding even more.

"Ow, oh my god that hurt." I say, bringing my palm to my forehead.

"Good morning to you too." Blake laughs.

Blake.

Why is Blake here? At 7:30 in the morning?

7:30.

"Holy shit, Emerson and Jake, run to that bus right now." I manage out.

There's pushing and shoving, and surprisingly, resistance.

Blake is trying to hold them both back, but they are true fighters.

They listen to me, and me has told them to run to that bus.

"Help?" Blake asks. "No! They need to get to school, and that is the bus that takes them." I throw my hands in the air.

The bus engine slowly fades, and the yellow vehicle is gone.

I try to run and hopefully catch it, but Blake has other plans.

Now all three of us are being held back by him. And I am amazed at his strength right now.