Chapter 15.

Tw: mentions of suicide.

"Guys! I'm home!" Dazai yelled, walking through the long corridor, "did you miss me?" he cooed.

Nobody answered.

"Did they say they were going out to you?" Dazai stopped walking and turned around to face Chuuya.

He was gone.

"Chuuya?" Dazai asked, confused. He tilted his head to one side. He was literally just behind him.

"If this is a prank i'll kill you all! Dazai yelled, smiling. He turned back around and continued walking down the corridor. He reached Atsushi and Akutagawa's room.

Akutagawa wouldn't join in on a stupid prank like this.

Dazai knocked on the door playfully, "Akutagawa! Open up its Dazai!" he yelled.

No answer.

Dazai tried the handle. It was open. Strange. Ranpo had told them all to keep the doors locked while they were inside. The man stepped inside, quickly scanning the room for any signs of life. Nothing. Not even a breath could be heard in the room. Where were they? Dazai's heart rate began to elevate slightly, he felt a tinge on worry creep over his mind.

He ran out of the pair's room and down the hall opening each of his friend's rooms and checking inside. Nobody was here. Everyone was gone.

Dazai pulled out his phone and began calling all of the members of the agency. Nobody answered.

Dazai got to Ranpo's name on his phone. The phone rang. He heard it. He heard ranpo's phone ringing. It was coming from the meeting room. Dazai's heart jumped and he ran down the hall to the large room.

He peered into the room.

"Ranpo?" he muttered.

Ranpo was in there, he was lying on the ground in the middle of the room. Dazai's eyes widened, his breath hitched in his throat as he slowly made his way over to ranpo, terrified.

"Ranpo?" he asked again, his voice quiet and far away. He knelt down next to the detective and shakily raised a bandaged hand. He reached for his neck and checked his pulse.

A slow, weak heartbeat echoed through Dazai's hand and into his heart. He was alive, but barely. Unsure of what to do, Dazai searched Ranpo's almost lifeless body for the source of his suffering.

He found it- or shall i say them- Ranpo's chest and stomach was littered with stab wounds, there must've been 50 or so. God, this was the worst time for Yosano to be absent. He tried his best to suppress the bleeding with his clothing but nothing was working, the blood just kept coming and flowing.

He felt so hopeless. He had to get Ranpo to the hospital immediately nuit he had no means of transport that wouldn't damage Ranpo's body even more. He was panicking.

"D-Dazai?"

A voice echoed from behind him. Dazai spun his head around, wide eyed and terrified. It was a woman's voice and he prayed for Yosano.

It wasnt Yosano. It was that woman from the warehouse: the one who could manipulate surroundings.

"What are you doing here!" Dazai yelled, he was hysterical now. He held onto Ranpo's barely breathing body, covered in his own clothes and bandages that he'd ripped off himself.

The woman's eyes widened, she ran over to Dazai and ranpo, keeling down next to them.

"I-i followed you here," she began, taking her own coat off and applying pressure to Ranpo's wounds, "i couldn't stay there.. When the boss came back he'd kill me for failing my mission."