Chapter 1

"Chuuya!" Mori, the port mafia boss, yelled from his room. Chuuya's head still ached from the night before, where he had drank slightly too much, and his boss' booming voice echoing down the hall didn't help his spinning head at all.

Chuuya got up from his office chair and started speedily walking down the corridor towards his boss' room.

"Chuuya!" His voice echoed again, it felt like knives where stabbing him in the brain. "I'm coming!" Chuuya yelled back to him, which also hurt his head.

"Tch... it's too early for this bullshit" he muttered under his breath as he approached the massive doors of Mori's office.

"Finally... what took you so long?" Mori smirked, malice all over his face. "Got here as soon as I could boss," chuuya began, "apologies". He took a seat opposite Mori, in front of the huge window of his office.

He looked outside, it was a nice day, the early beams of the sun highlighted the waves and gave the buildings around them definition. "I have a job for you." Mori had interrupted his admiration and Chuuya turned to face him, his face having the opposite effect that the outside beauty had. "What should I do?" He replied, crossing his legs and lying his back on the chair. "I need you to deliver a message.." Mori began,

Chuuya didn't like where this was going. He only ever asked Chuuya, one of the most powerful ability users, to do something as trivial as delivering a message unless it was insanely important, dangerous or, worst of all, involved Dazai Osamu. "...to the armed detective agency".

Mori sneered evily, he knew how much Chuuya despised Dazai for leaving the Port Mafia 5 years ago, after all he was his ex partner. "Why me? Can't you send Aktugawa he's practically begging to do shit for you." Chuuya said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

Mori looked at him, his smile dropping. "Your the only one who can deliver this message Chuuya." The red head looked at his boss with confusion, there's no reason why he would have a message that nobody else could deliver, after all the port mafia was a very loyal business, everyone knew everything and if a plan were to be executed involving the ADA then everyone would know.

"Why me?" Chuuya asked, a little worried now. He knew it would involve Dazai. "It's Dazai, there's price on his head with a foreign ministry. They need his ability and are willing to pay." Mori's face contorted into a truly malicious smile and his pupils dilated. Chuuya, however, was shocked. His cocky attitude depleted and he sat forward on his seat.

"You want ME to deliver a message to the ADA asking for Dazai to come peacefully to us so we can fucking sell him off?" Chuuya yelled, exasperated, "you know he won't go easily and if he does that's even worse becau-" Chuuya stopped, looking across at his boss. He was laughing.

His boss was laughing at him.

"Huh! Why are you laughing? And why does it have to be me? He's not going to be any more willing to come quietly because it's me?" Chuuya was looking even more confused and exasperated than ever.

All sorts of questions ran through his head. He stared blankly at his Boss, who was maniacally laughing now. Mori suddenly stopped laughing and looked at Chuuya, "you're still so stupid..." Mori began, "we don't want him so we can sell him... we NEED him here on with us. We can't let him be taken."

Chuuya was still confused. Why did Mori want to protect a betrayer of the port mafia and a threat to business? Why did he have to deliver this message?

"You want to protect that suicidal maniac?" Chuuya yelled, his eyebrows furrowed. He stood up and took off his hat. Pacing around the room while rubbing his temples, he tried to understand what was going on.

"We still have Q... we need Dazai and his nullification ability if anything goes wrong with them." Mori explained, "we need to protect Dazai because people will want his ability, if they have it we dont."
Chuuya looked down at Mori who was still sat down, calmly, looking outside at the view. Chuuya understood now why his boss wanted to protect Dazai, he just saw him as a valuable asset to the PM. "Still though..." Chuuya still had one burning question, "why me?"

"He trusts you Chuuya. He won't believe anybody else's words here except yours." Mori looked up at Chuuya who was deep in thought now.

The port mafia and the agency practically working together to protect one man? This would be painfully interesting.

"I suppose I'll go and give the message now shall I?" Chuuya asked, placing his hat back onto his ginger hair and adjusting it. His headache had gone, dread replacing it. "Yes. I suppose you should." Mori replied, looking back at the waves outside.

As Chuuya began to walk out of the huge room he heard his name again. "Oh and chuuya," he turned to face his boss , annoyance showing on his face, "enjoy the weather today." Mori smirked and gestured for him to be off.

"Tch." Chuuya muttered and opened the door with his ability, slamming it hard behind him. He hated the task that was ahead of him. He hadn't spoken to Dazai since about a year ago when they had been forced to work together and defeat a common enemy. It had pained him to see him again then and he knew it would pain him again today. Chuuya hated Dazai, but not for being a traitor to the Port Mafia but for abandoning him, as he saw it. He thought he was selfish and didn't want to protect him. He would never return the favour.

"Stupid bandage-warrior always getting himself into fucking trouble," Chuuya muttered as he stormed down the corridor of the PM base, "don't worry... I'll make sure you don't-"

"Chuuya?" A familiar voice echoed behind him and it stopped his muttering. "Shit." He turned around, "what kōyō?". The tall, ginger looked at him and smiled, sweetly. "Where are you going?" She asked. Chuuya looked uncomfortable, Boss obviously didn't want anyone else involved. "On a job at the port." He lied, turning around quickly and storming off.

"You're a bad liar Chuuya... Good luck with him." She yelled after him.

Chuuya rolled his eyes and smiled at her remark, she always knew when he was lying or when something was wrong. Kōyō was like a sister in a way for chuuya, he felt bad lying to her but he knew he had to. He had bigger things to worry about, he didn't know if Dazai would believe him when he appeared and worried that if he didn't something bad would happen and he'd be dead.