Thirds Try a Charm Part 2

Start from the beginning

I take a step back, my heart pounding, blood draining away from my face.

"Draco..." I whisper.

" I know." He states somberly.

"We can't do this again and you know that," I speak sympathetically.

"But Y/N, just one more time! We can do it. I know it. Please!"

"Draco-"

"I can't live without you Y/N, I can't live without you and Lyra. I think about you every day, every minute. Please just give US one more chance!" He begs, approaching me.

I look into his eyes, tears pooling around his stormy orbs.

"Please." His voice breaks.

My heart lurches.

"Draco, you know what happened the last time and the time before that. It just doesn't work out for us. The first time we gave us another chance since the divorce, Lyra happened." I say. "You walked out on us. She was only a week old, Draco!" My voice falters, emotions running high.

"Y/N, I was young and stupid! You know that! I just wasn't ready to be a father!" A tear runs down his cheek.

"But that is NOT an excuse to leave your child, Draco. You talk it out with me, we agree, you don't just disappear! Who does that?" My voice is thick with emotion, tears falling freely down my cheeks.

"But I made up for that, didn't I? I spend as much time with her as possible. You know that Y/N!"

"That still doesn't excuse what you did to me!" I retorted.

"What about you? You found a man right after we divorced! Do you know how much it hurt me!" He countered.

"Because we were divorced, we weren't together! What don't you understand about that, huh?" I bellowed.

"Because I was still loved you, Y/N-"

"Oh please, Draco, you never loved me!" I spat.

He walked over to me, towering over my body, his cheeks red and tear-stained.

I wiped my cheeks with the back of my hand.

"This is bullshit, Draco, I should never have stayed."

I turn around towards the exit, walking briskly to the metallic doors, desperate to escape this room

'Y/N, wait!' Draco shouts, causing me to immediately halt my steps.

I closed my eyes, willing my legs to keep moving as I sense his approaching presence.

A warm hand is placed on my shoulder.

We stand like this for a while, Draco deciding what to say and me, deciding whether to make a run for it.

Against all my instincts, I turn around to face Draco.

'Y/N, I'm sorry...'

'Me too, Draco...me too.'

We stare into each other's eyes as if deciding our next move, calculating the odds.

I knew I was going to regret this later, maybe even hate myself after I dragged myself back to my car and head home, crying my eyes out, proceeded by binge eating and a lot of heartbreak, but why not? What do I have to lose that I haven't already lost?

I leaned in on my tiptoes, my eyes flicking between Draco's pale lips and his eyes. Our body heat melded into one as our lips met, my hands finding their way to his silky hair, his hands instinctually wrapping around my body, bringing me closer. I closed my eyes, savouring the moment.

He was the first one to move his lips, capturing my bottom lip between his.

I moved my lips slowly against his lower one, fingers tugging his hair.

I tasted his salty tears as they trickled down his face, his chest heaving.

I pulled away, looking at him, noticing the prominence of his cheekbones and his sunken eyes, the slight tinge of grey beneath his eyes. As I leant into him, I felt his ribs rub against me, swiping a lone tear with my thumb.

I pulled him into me, embracing him, cradling his head. He leaned into my body, his head resting in the crook of my neck.

'Sorry,' I whispered into his ear.

He hugged me tighter.

'Did not expect that.' He exhaled.

'Nor did I.'I confessed.

'Third's try a charm?' he asked.

'Third's try a charm.'