Remus Lupin- Aftermath of a Full Moon PART 2

As I approached the door, I paused and took a moment to take in my surroundings. The house that stood in front of me looked that it was haunted, the windows had been boarded up and the porch had holes on it, I had to dodge a few to get to the door.

I could still see the moon just above the treeline, it boasted itself in its beautiful luminance, whole and round. The sun was peeking at me from the horizon, I could tell it would a beautifully sunny day. The woods behind me looked foreboding. Luckily, I had been here before so I could materialise here and didn't have to walk through these woods.

I took a deep breath and gathered myself. I had to do this.

I shifted the packet I hand in my hand and shakily raised my hand and gently knocked wat the door, I didn't want to scare him.

There was no answer for a moment. Then came a shuffling right behind the door giving me a scare.

I heard more shuffling and a few latches being slid across the door frame. The door started moving inwards with a low creak. A pale face partially revealed itself. Remus had dark bags underneath his eyes and dirt peppering his face. He moved so that his whole body was visible begin the crack between the door and its frame.

He wore tattered dress pants that were tapered off at the ankles, it had occasional rips to his thighs. Scratches were visible through the tears in the fabric. His white shirt was open revealing his chest with large blotches of black and blue bruises and dried blood from fresh wounds.

I tore my gaze away from his body to his face. His eyes were red, no doubt from crying. He looked me up and down.

'What in Merlin's beard are you doing here?' he asked. His voice was scratchy.

'I couldn't let you go through your first full after what happened moon alone.' I say honestly.

Two weeks ago, I got some news. Something so terrible, I would never have imagined. Lily and James were killed by You-Know-Who. Baby Harry was left orphaned, Peter was killed by his best friend, Sirius, who was on the run, leaving Remus alone. He didn't have anyone to help him out tonight, and by the looks of it, he needed some urgent care.

'Remus let me in. I know we aren't on good terms, but they were also my friends, you are my friend. I can't see you like this. You look like shit. You need help. Let me help you.'

Remus stared at me blankly. I looked into his dark brown eyes and noticed that it was starting to tear up, bringing a stinging feeling in my own.

He moved aside and held the door open for me. That was easier than I expected, Remus can be a stubborn mule at times, especially when it came to his lycanthropy.

I stepped inside and looked around. It was the living room which had a few old-fashioned couches with flower prints and a meek fire dancing in the fireplace.

I turned around to look at Remus who stood right behind me so that I came face to face with his chest. He was still as tall as you remember, if not he had grown even taller. Remus leant forward and wrapped his arms around you taking you off-guard.

He held you tightly. His warmth spreading throughout your body, the man was a human heater. Remus smelt like soil, chocolate and his cologne, bringing back memories.

His body started to shake and you heard soft whimpers coming from him. I wrapped my hands around him and stroke his back.

'How about we get you cleaned up, then maybe, just maybe I will make my world-famous hot cocoa? What do you say?' you said pulling back slightly, your hands still around him, looking into his eyes.

'Your hot cocoa is just hot chocolate from a sachet.' Remus said playfully looking down at you.

I dramatically clasped one hand over my heart and gasped,' How did you find out? Who told you? Spill!' I replied, glad he had a sliver of his old self with him.