Chapter 8~ Red Eyes and Butterflies

Start from the beginning

~

"All right, your all set! Checkout and payment services are handled at the front desk." The doctor finishes and leaves once again. Shisui and Sakura walked quietly side by side, shisui sparing the pinkette a few glances from time to time. As a shinobi, he was trained to notice the little things, and even though he swore he wouldn't practice this skill on civilians, he couldn't help but notice how strange Sakura was. Most kids her age cry, stumble, and trip wherever they go, but then again-

'It could just be a a Sasuke thing.'

However, he did make a few mental notes on how Sakura could go from her poised and polite composure to... well...

1 hour earlier

"STRANGER DANGER. STRANGER DANGER. STRANGER DANGER. STRANGER DANGER. STRANGER DANGER. STRANGER DANGER-"

"Sakura, we just need you to lay down-"

"I REFUSE. My BODY as a HUMAN BEING and as a.... as a human.... right... and..."

"I didn't think we'd have to put her sleep just to check her lungs.."

Present

' Maybe I'm overthinking it. She's only 4, after all.' Even still, Shisui decides to be a tad nosy and converse with his new friend. (In case you didn't know, one of Shisui's many hobbies is befriending people against their will!)

He was a little too late, though, because Sakura decided she'd start a conversation instead.

"So, what's your name? My name is Sakura, by the way." She says proudly, she was very fond of her name, because it matched her hair.

"Uchiha Shisui!" Shisui was also proud of his name. Sakura just stared at him incredulously.

"Is there a proble-"

"You're an Uchiha?" From what she's heard, (from Tobi), Most Uchihas are obstinate, arrogant, prideful and only few of them were the opposite. "You don't act like an Uchiha.."

"Heheh, I get that a lot." Shisui says, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly. He tries to ask a question, but for some reason, Sakura only talks when he tries to.

"So do-"

"So you're a shinobi?"

"Yup!" He says cheekily.

"That's so cool! Do you think I can be a shinobi too?"  She asks with a shimmery glint in her eyes. Even though she's a civilian, something about the nature of being a ninja made her heart dance. Tobi also taught her lots on chakra, and good habits a ninja should have, and even though he absolutely refused to physically train her, she learned the silent walking technique! That was after Tobi couldn't stand to see her get hurt every time she'd been caught sneaking in and out if the house. Even after she learned that, Tobi made sure she could never, ever use it outside the house, she didn't know why, but she didn't question it, either.

"Of course, Sakura, and when you graduate, I'll be there for sure!"

"Really?"

"Promise! That's what friends are for, no?"  Sakura paused for moment, realizing what he just said.

Friends.

~

Soon enough, the two were about to reach Sakura's house, while the pinkette was keeping up a conversation. Shisui noticed how she got quieter and quieter the closer they got to the her home, but he decided it was probably nothing.

"Yknow, Sakura, you kind of remind me of my cousin." He says, it was true. They both had the same blank expression. They both had the most adorable smile, and Shisui even noticed that Sakura had the same hairstyle as Itachi when he was that young! So cute!