Heat

"This is my heat room. Most omegas have one in their home, so you might want to talk to Hank about that. I use this one because...well, I don't live in the safest neighbourhood, and if I'm here, I have both protection and as many heat partners as I want. I come to this room a day before I'm due to start, then I'm here until my heat eases off. Tina is like my security guard. She can open the door to let alphas in, and she keeps watch to make sure there's no tampering. She also makes sure I have enough food and water stocked in here. Honestly, I have a pretty open door policy. Any alpha who's in the mood for a little heat sex can come in and help me out. Since you're going to be with me, we'll shorten the list, if that makes you more comfortable," Reed explained sensitively as he led Connor into the small room. The old bed had been stripped out to leave just a made up mattress on the floor, and Reed had already asked Tina to bring in a second one for Connor. There was a toilet and sink in a tiny room in the corner. Thin walls had been put in around it to make it a little more private. There were barred windows letting in a little light, left over from when it had been a prison cell. Connor seemed timid and a little overwhelmed as he looked around the sparse room. It was quite cold and impersonal. He couldn't say his omega approved, but it would have to do.

"Yes, I...think that would be appropriate," Connor supplied weakly, clearly at a loss. Reed could smell the nerves rolling off him. He could also sense his omega's restlessness. He wasn't surprised. He'd only had his first orgasm the day before. Probably should have told him to get over the whole first time thing before this...Reed thought guiltily as he watched Connor slowly walking around the hard cement floor. The room was cold and impersonal, not like the warm, cosy nests most omegas would build for themselves. Reed had never done nesting, despite his omega pawing at him in discontent. Connor's hazel eyes were wide and curious, taking in everything with a clear sense of apprehension. The room wasn't exactly built for comfort. It had been designed as a simple holding cell. Although Reed had never really been the nesting type, he had the feeling that Connor would be a very different type of omega. He could totally see Connor curled up in a nest of comforting blankets with toys or other homely items within reach.

"Alright, is there anyone you'd want to...that you'd feel comfortable with...you know..." Reed asked hesitantly, watching Connor bite his bottom lip thoughtfully. He'd barely been activated a year ago and had been deviant for less than half of that. Reed didn't even know if Connor knew anyone on a social level besides Hank, Nines, and the other revolutionaries. It was clearly taking him some time to think of any possibilities.

"Well...Nines could..." Connor murmured timidly, Reed's chest squeezing uncomfortably at the suggestion. He wasn't sure what bothered him more. The thought that Connor might want to be fucked by Nines, or the fact that he'd have to watch. He wasn't sure what would happen if he and Nines were in the same room during his heat. He'd tried his best not to think about it. He cursed silently as his omega's ears twitched with interest, large yellow eyes gazing up at him as its tail swished. Not a phcking chance!

"Whoa! Hold up! Alphas you want to fuck, Connor. Do you want to fuck your brother?" he asked incredulously, unsure he wanted to know the answer or see the images that came with it. Connor and Nines were both attractive, of course, but eerily similar. He felt almost relieved as he watched Connor wince at the prospect. Scratch that. He was relieved that Connor didn't want to sleep with Nines. For one thing, that would be creepy as hell to watch since they were almost identical. For another, Reed just couldn't imagine Nines with anyone else. Anyone at all, I mean, he corrected inwardly, pushing his own omega's fantasies aside. There was no way he could allow himself to be anywhere near Nines during his heat. His omega would gain full control at some point during that time, and it had been pawing him about Nines since the fucker had walked in.

"I don't really know any alphas I'd feel comfortable with...doing that..." Connor replied quietly, his sweet scent strengthening in distress at the thought. Shit, kid. You really didn't think this whole omega thing through, did you? Reed thought with a deep sigh as he rubbed a hand over his face. He looked Connor up and down thoughtfully. He knew pretty much every alpha in the building would be down to nail him, but Connor's personality wasn't compatible with most of them. Hank's too much like a father. Nines is his brother. Fowler's married, and Tina is...Tina.