I continued to look into my sisters eyes as tears started to overpower my emotions.

"After the shots went off, it was silent so I went to my door to try to see what happened but I saw a man with a black coat run out so I ran into the closet"

I couldn't believe the words that were coming out of my sisters mouth. I was completely terrified out of my mind but I knew I had to check on my parents even though I expected the worst.

"Siyah. I need you to stay here while I go check on mama and daddy."

"No Saige! What if that man is still here!" Siyah semi yelled still nervous if they weren't alone.

"I have to YaYa. I need to help. I'm here now, nobody is gonna hurt you. I promise."

Siyah hesitated before quickly nodding her head and letting go of her sister.

Complete fear overpowered my body as I began to open my sisters door and walk towards my parents room.

As I opened the door, I felt as if my life flashed before my eyes.

It was my parents. Two lifeless bodies, laying on the bed. My dad's body was covering my mom's looking as if he tried to cover her but couldn't in enough time.

"NOOOOO!" I screamed out and dropped to my knees.

About a couple seconds later, Siyah ran in after me confused to see that I was on the ground but her eyes traveled to my parents and she knew.

"Mama...Daddy." Siyah said in a low breath.

"MAMA! DADDY!" She repeated as she ran towards them.

"Saige call 911!"

I knew at this exact moment our lives would change forever.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

*almost 2 years later*

Friday, July 30th.
Baltimore, Maryland

Saige | 17

"Naomi! Noelle! Bring y'all ass on before y'all miss this flight!" My grandma Joyce yelled from downstairs.

"We coming grandma!" I replied back.

Since the night of the incident we've been staying with our grandparents. It took a while for me and Siyah to get in a better mental space and come to terms with our parents being gone now. We even started going to therapy because we kept having nightmares and PTSD episodes.

I never would've thought my worst nightmare would come true. It's one thing to lose one parent but to lose both in such a cruel way...I wouldn't wish this type of pain on my worst enemy.

Our therapist said we're starting to get better though. I'm glad we made as much progress as we did before me and Siyah have to move back home.

Not as in the house that our parents died in but back home to Detroit, Michigan. Our parents moved all of us to Baltimore where our Grandparents lived when I turned 10 and Siyah was 9 because they felt that it was more for us outside of the city.