"So, you want my permission to go then?"

Seemingly mustering up some courage, Diablo clears his throat and says...

"Yes, My Lord, but that is only part of my request. He made the outrageous claim that this grandson of his is 'unbeatably adorable' and I could not help but take that as an affront to you, My Lord! Nobody can outclass my precious Lord Rimuru! I must show him the error of his ways and for that, I humbly request that you accompany me!" Diablo passionately begs as if his life depends on it.

Oh geez...what have I gotten myself into? This is worse than I thought! I'm glad Benimaru isn't in the room right now. I can almost hear him snickering...

[[He is correct. Nobody can beat your cuteness, Master!]]

Oh, come on Ciel! I'm an adult and a Demon Lord! Adorable and cute are not part of the image I'm going for here!

[[Hehehe... but you still are adorable though! ...and you're all mine! *wink*]]

Whatever...and I'll just pretend I didn't hear that last part for the sake of my own sanity...

[[*giggles mischievously*]]

I currently look like a little girl so adorable is a way you could describe my appearance, much to my distaste. I could fairly easily take an adult form but looking around 12 just seems easier for day-to-day life. When I make myself look any older than that I tend to get 'unwanted attention' from people who don't know who I am, which can get annoying. I do take on adult form for official appearances and such though, otherwise, I tend to not be taken seriously by foreign diplomats and the like.

So, essentially Diablo wants to 'show me off' to his friend? How humiliating... I'm not some toy to take to show-and-tell with you!

This feels like it's gonna be a lot like when Shuna and the other women play 'dress-up' with me. Normally, I would refuse such an obnoxious request in a heartbeat, but Diablo rarely asks me for anything yet does so much for me. I guess I can give into him this one time as a reward for his hard work. Plus, I'm curious about what type of person Diablo would consider an 'old friend'.

"I guess I can go along with you this one time, Diablo. You've earned it." I say, hoping I won't regret this decision later.

"Thank you so much, My Lord! I cannot express how grateful I am that you would sacrifice your precious time for such a thing!" he exclaims, an expression of extreme excitement on his face.

Sheesh, the guy looks like he is gonna cry tears of joy, talk about overdramatic...although with Diablo that should be expected.

"Alright, just tell me exactly where we're headed to first."

"It is a place called The Netherworld; a realm inhabited by beings that are an offshoot of true demons. They still refer to themselves as demons but are a different kind of existence than the ones you have encountered. Having taken on a permanent physical form, they are more akin to majin than true demons such as me."

"Very interesting, I never knew a place like that existed! When are you planning on meeting with this old friend of yours?"

"Would tomorrow morning work for you, My Lord? I must show him your unrivaled perfection as soon as I can!"

*sigh* "Yeah, sure. That works for me. Meet me here in my office again tomorrow please." I say, a little reluctantly.

It's not like I have anything better to do right now...

**The Next Morning**

Once again in my office, I start preparing for my trip with Diablo.