Chapter 10

"Lauren!" Camila shouted after the raven-haired woman who was stomping up to her front steps.

"No, no, no! Don't you dare Lauren me right now!" She walked back down the stairs. "You didn't even fucking ask if I was okay with you kissing me!"

"They were all right there taking pictures," Camila pursed her lips. "It was the perfect opportunity,"

"It doesn't matter if it was the perfect opportunity, " Lauren said angrily. "You still did it without my permission!" She slammed her fist against Camila's chest.

The dark-haired woman gripped her wrists, stopping her from dealing any more blows. "I'm sorry, alright? It was bound to happen, anyway. In case you might've forgotten, we're fucking dating now."

"Fake dating," Lauren shoved Camila back, her arms dropping back down to her sides. "Just... At least give me a heads-up before doing it again next time."

When she turned to walk away, Camila gently grabbed her arm again. "Are you that mad?"

"No," her response is dry. "I guess I didn't think things were going to move this fast."

"Well, we can lay low for a little bit now because of it. The shots they took of us will make their way around to my dad and that'll be enough for him to get off my back."

"I still think you're crazy for doing this,"

Camila shrugged. "You don't even know half of the things I'm willing to do to take the company,"

"Should I be scared?"

"Of me?" Camila pulled Lauren into her arms again, grinning when she sees the professor's face turning crimson. "No, I'd never do anything to hurt you,"

"You're a little too close for my liking," Lauren whispered.

Camila leaned even closer, her breath lightly ghosting over Lauren's lips. "You're going to have to get used to me being this close, princess,"

"Camila..."

"Lauren," she had a smug look on her face. "I never realized how beautiful your eyes are. Maybe I should've paid more attention to you back then."

"I never realized how touchy you are,"

She took a step back, chuckling. "You have one of the smartest fucking mouths ever, I swear I might rip my hair out by the end of this year."

"You and me both," Lauren grumbled before walking back up the front steps of her complex.

"I'll be back tomorrow to help you bring some of your stuff over," Camila said. "I had my guys convert one of the spare rooms into an office for you to work from. And your bedroom will be set up by the time you get there."

"Okay," Lauren twisted her mouth to the side, her chest tingling still from how close the dark-haired woman was to her. "Goodnight,"

Camila leaned against her car, watching Lauren carefully, smirking. "Dream of me?"

"You fucking wish, asshole," she scoffed before disappearing inside.

-

Camila undid another one of her buttons as she paced around her office, a stress ball in her hand. She knew that she was playing with fire at this point. Kissing Lauren impulsively in the car wasn't in her plans, but it happened.

Sure, she got a kick out of teasing Lauren, but the longer she was around her witty mouth and timeless beauty, the more she started to realize what kind of sticky situation she was in.