The Golden Lagoon

Start from the beginning

"Ugh, yeah! And look at this tacky set up! Somebody is trying way too hard." Dewey said before turning to a server and speaking in a posh tone, "I'll have a virgin peach julep in your fanciest glass, thank you!"

The server sighs and walks away.

"All these exhibits are just from times Glomgold lost to you! A pebble from the lost city of El Dorado, a singed kilt from that fire pit in Crockatoa-" Louie lists.

"And this 'Glomasaurus- Rex' is clearly just a bunch of random parts stuck together, honestly, how could you know it wore a crown?" Huey asks as he and Ella eye the fossil hybrid.

"So, what are we doing here anyway?" Ella asks looking up at Scrooge, she loved the outfit Beakley and Donald set up for her but she still wasn't a fan of dresses.

"As upstanding citizens of note, it's our responsibility to support Duckberg's cultural institutions." Scrooge says walking over to the buffet table, "And, these cocktail weenies are in Glomgold's dollar." Scrooge snickers before putting the hor d'oeuvres in in a zip lock bag.

Ella snorts burying her face in Huey's shoulder.

"Aren't you rich? Why do you need free food?" Louie asks.

"I didn't get rich by wasting money, I got rich by besting my enemies! Stock up lads and lass!" Scrooge says taking a bite out of one of the entrees.

The kids minus Louie begin following Scrooge's lead and filling their plastic baggies with the buffet.

"Ugh, these custom suits are the worst! Think I'm getting a rash!" Louie says showing Ella his red chest, Ella pulls out her purse and grabs a spray from her bag, she sprays his chest with it and the rash goes away and Louie let's a sigh of relief.

"Nyuh, nope that's the plastic lining! Saves on dry cleaning, and you lose less debt." Scrooge explains to Louie.

"Nah, it was a rash also." Ella says eating more of the snacks at the buffet table.

"It's not the cut of the suit, it's how you wear it! Take my playfully loose bow tie! Is he coming? Is he going?? Did he party so hard it just flew open??" Dewey says proudly.

Ella and Louie rolls their eyes at Dewey's antics.

Scrooge is about to place a bag of food in his pocket and drops the bag when he catches sight of Goldie at the top of the stairs. Scrooge gasps, Ella and the triplets race up to him.

"What is it? A cursed villain?!" Louie says hopefully.

"A villainous curse?" Dewey supplies just as eager.

"A..! Um..." Huey sighs, "Man, I hate going third!" Huey said giving up.

"Something that's actually interesting?" Ella offered looking up at Scrooge.

"Worse.. it's my... ex!" Scrooge says panicked.

"Shout out to my ex! You really quite the slu-" Ella's mouth is covered by Huey who shakes his head at her.

"Your ex? As in, ex-girlfriend?!" Huey says flabbergasted. (Been a while since I used that word heheh).

"Ex-partner, ex-rival, ex-everything." Scrooge says bitterly.

"I don't know why you're all surprised, Scrooge isn't exactly young, obviously he's had his flings." Ella said with a shrug.

Goldie catches sight of Scrooge and descends the stairs.

"Watch your wallet, kids." Scrooge says.

"If she takes my wallet, or even thinks about it, I'll break her knee caps." Ella told Scrooge causing a small snort to escape him. He had no doubt Ella would, it's just her mother Athena said the same thing years ago.