CHAPTER 17: NEGOTIATIONS

"YOUR HIGHNESS, SOMEONE wishes to see you." Eva informed subtly, taking a glimpse at the princess who was reading a book in the library. "Will you be granting them an audience?"

"Who is it?" Asteria raises a brow, shifting her attention to her loyal lady in waiting. "They introduced themselves as the Dame Grand Cross of Azareah."

'The Dame Grand Cross.. of Azareah?' Asteria's golden hues enlarged upon realization, immediately closing the book and returning it to the bookshelf. "Escort them in, prepare the main lounging room and brew some tea."

"Yes, Your Highness." Eva lowered her head momentarily, as Asteria made a bee-line towards the palace's front entrance. She soon spotted the Dame Grand Cross. "Lady Achiora, it's a pleasure to see you here."

"Princess, I greet the majestic star of Vasilios." The Grand Dame bowed her head, doing a curtsy. "What brings you here to my humble abode?"

"I am here to deliver messages from the Crown Prince of Azareah." She replies, holding a few scrolls. "You didn't have to deliver it here yourself, Dame Achiora."

"Khloe is alright," Khloe adds, gesturing for her the princess to call her by her first name. Khloe Achiora, the supreme and skillful Dame Grand Cross of Azareah.

The leader of the order of knights serving directly under Azareah's crown prince, and a close friend of Octavius. 'I sometimes see her with Lord Akiro, but we barely had any decent conversations..'

"Please enter , forgive me for I am not in my best attire right now." Asteria apologized lightly, which Khloe waves off. "I do not mind, Your Highness."

Khloe glances behind her, as two knights follow. "Follow me," Asteria chimes, striding down the corridors and heading towards the main lounging room.

Asteria surveyed the interior, and everything was neat, just as how Asteria wished for it to be. Eva soon entered with a cart, which had refreshments and snacks.

"You must be tired from your journey, do have some tea." Asteria beckons for them to sit, as Eva started to pour the hot liquid to the porcelain cups. "What did His Highness wish to say to me?"

"Everything is written in these scrolls, Your Highness. I recommend reading them when you are alone," Khloe showed a small smile and handed the scrolls, whilst Asteria nodded and grabbed it gently.

"I hope we aren't disturbing Your Highness." Khloe muttered solemnly, taking a small sip from her cup of tea. "Nonsense, you aren't. You are free to visit whenever you please, just send word beforehand."

"Your Highness, I brought Clara and Eric along." Khloe informed, as Asteria's raised her brows. 'Clara and Eric? Did they meet each other at the border?'

"We met each other by the border, and they are seemingly finished with their errands so I simply brought them along." Khloe explained, gesturing for the two to step forward and pulled down their hoods. " They are to be your personal knights, correct?"

"Well yes. Thank you for finishing the task I gave you, Clara and Eric." Asteria thanked, waving to them. The two bowed their head momentarily, before speaking. "It is no problem Your Highness."

"Right, Dame Grand Cross Khloe when do you plan to leave?" Asteria inquires, making sure to sound polite. "I still haven't found a inn to reside in, since almost every one is packed."

"Is that so? I could prepare a chamber for you here in Rosaria palace, which is much more comfortable than an inn." Asteria informs, showing a satisfactory smile. "I can assure you that it is completely alright, you are the Dame Grand Cross and His Highness' friend after all."