CHAPTER 07 : WARMTH

EROS STARED AT MEDEA IN DISBELIEF , his metallic-silver eyes widening at the sentence. He swiftly regained his composure, his gaze darting towards to the two females who stood at the balcony.

Medea crossed her arms impatiently, watching her brother mingling with the other guests. Their conversations were going smooth from Medea's perspective, as she awaited Eros's response. "It's up to Asteria, I have no complaints whatsoever if they were to be engaged." Eros responded, pressing his lips together.

'Is that even his honest opinion?' Medea chimed inwardly, biting her lower lip lightly. Dekis soon approaced the two of them, as his younger sister diverted his gaze. "Is her highness there?"

Dekis inquired, as Eros spared him a glance. "No━" That was Eros's intended answer, but the said female exited the balcony. Smoothly walking between them, as she reached for Medea's wrist. "Medea," Asteria called,

Asteria and Dekis's gazes met, but the female averted her stare swiftly. Medea's mouth went slightly agape, as Asteria cast her a knowing glance. "We'll go."

Medea said, as she followed Asteria. Rocielle soon went out as well, her expression contorted in confusion. "Did I say something wrong..?" The two males who still stood there, arched a brow. "I don't know, you should reflect on what you did if ever."

Eros coldly spoke, striding towards the tables where the food was laid. He soon conversed with multiple aristocrats, while Medea and Asteria talked with each other. "Please do me a favor, Medea."

Asteria forced herself to smile, yet again Medea saw right through it. The dark-haired female's eyebrows furrowed in curiosity, Asteria wasn't one to openly ask favors like this. "Just this once, Ria." Medea heaved a sigh, taking a glimpse at her close-friend. But, the words that came out of Asteria's mouth had surprised her.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

THE PRINCESS WALKED TOWARDS HER mother's quarters , various attendants following behind her at a steady pace.

It has been a indeed while since she had visited her mother, due to her busy schedule within the palace. Asteria was frequently needed due to her sharp intellect and brilliant business proposals in politics.

The tall-mahogany doors opened, revealed the extravagant room where her mother lounged in. Her Majesty, The Empress. Ariella Frienza-Vasilios.

"Asteria," The empress warmly called, her golden orbs that didn't lost it's young glimmer stared at her daughter in delight. Asteria beckoned for the attendants to leave, turning to face her mother.

"I greet Your Majesty." Asteria bowed her head, swiftly lifting it up. The princess sat beside her mother, heaving a lone sigh. Ariella's expression contorted to one that was filled with concern, reaching out to her daughter.

"Is anything wrong, Asteria?" Ariella concernedly inquired, as the said female placed her hands on her lap. Staring at it, before snapping out of her trance. "There is no point lying about it, and bottling it all up either."

The empress placed a hand atop Asteria's giving it a light squueze, as the female glanced at her briefly. "Mother, did I make the right choice?"

Ariella gazed at her, eyebrows knitting together in visible confusion. The empress had been quite busy these past few months, by doing her duties as the mother of the empire.

"How can I answer such vague question, Asteria? Please do explain," Ariella beckoned gently, as Asteria inhaled a deep breathe. "I don't know where to start really, but.."