CHAPTER 08: ROYAL BALL

ROCIELLE ANXIOUSLY PLACED DOWN , the fabric she clutched in her hands. Asteria hadn't been responding to her invitations to tea-parties as well as Medea,

'Calm down, Cielle. I'm sure their just busy.' Rocielle reminded, in a attempt to calm herself down. A maid entered her room slowly, as Rocielle cast a glance at her. "Milady, it's time for you to dress for the ball hosted tonight."

"Is Her Highness coming?" Rocielle asked softly, hoping to see her close-friend. The maid named Jailey nodded, with a small smile. "Yes. The Crown Prince of the kingdom of Azareah, and his ambassadors will arrive today so atleast his and her Highness are to attend."

Rocielle nodded, and went to dress up. Her mind was anxious of what she had said to Asteria that could've caused her to avoid her. 'Is it because, I said I liked Dekis?'

She thought inwardly, as the maids fixed her dress. Rocielle shook her head, and opted to ask later. Medea was seemingly avoiding her aswell, but was perplexed if it was intentional or not.

Regardless, she shook off such thoughts and focused on dressing up.

-

"THE CROWN PRINCE OF THE AZAREAH, kingdom has arrived Your Highness." A butler informed, as Asteria slowly nodded pulling away from her desk. "Please send my greetings to His Highness."

"He'll be staying in the Rosaria Palace, so do make it comfortable for him enough." Asteria promptly ordered, with a small smile. The butler nodded in response, before scurrying away. Asteria tapped the desk with her quill, before glancing at the windows.

"It's almost time for the banquet.." Asteria quipped lowly to herself, before standing up and stretching her arms. 'I guess it's time to get ready.'

She chimed in her thoughts, before exiting her office. Asteria was unsure whether her mother will attend the banquet or not, since the empress had took a temporary break from her duties.

Which caused Asteria to take over for her mother. It has been a indeed while since a Royal ball was hosted, after her birthday banquet. 'I'm twenty-two already.' Asteria thought, cringing inwardly at how she was getting old.

Her female-maids swiftly went to help her dress-up, opting to make her look more beautiful as usual. Asteria can only shake her head at them.

-

THE CROWDS MINGLED WITH EACH OTHER , dressed in high-quality fabrics and jewelry. Desperately trying to get the attention of others, and talk about malicious rumors that's been the talk of the town.

Amongst those crowds were the family of Solon, a certain-purple haired female crossing her arms alone at a table. A white-haired male stood beside her, as they watched the crowd converse.

All of them were awaiting the Imperial family, in the wide room. The secretary of Her Majesty came to the podium, as the room started to quiet down. "May I have your attention, everyone?"

The nobles took a glimpse at him, and shared a glance as a sign for him to continue. "Her Majesty, The Empress willn't attend this night's ball. Due to personal reasons, and I ask of you to not pry into the Imperial family's business."

"Nonetheless, the ball shall continue even without Her Majesty today. The Prince and Princess, will of course still attend today." The secretary spoke, as the crowd swiftly murmured incoherent remarks. "That's all I have to say, Please enjoy the ball."

The secretary scurried away, as the nobles continued to converse with each other. Soon the Prince and Princess made their entrance, in dashing outfits that managed to woo the nobles.