14

Hermit Granger

Harry Potter: the first task is dragons

Hermit: what?

Harry Potter: the first task is dragons

Hermit: how do you know that?
Hermit: no one's supposed to know

Harry Potter: Hagrid showed me
Harry Potter: and all the other champions know too
Harry Potter: well... except for Cedric

Hermit: you should tell him Harry
Hermit: it's only fair

Harry Potter:.......
Harry Potter: ok fine

IRL

Harry got up from his bed and exited his dorm. It was a pretty nice day out so almost everyone was outside.

Harry had left Gryffindor tower with the purpose of telling Cedric about the dragons, when he was met with the awful badges.

These badges, at first glance, would say 'SUPPORT CEDRIC DIGGORY THE REAL HOGWARTS CHAMPION' but, when pressed, would change to 'POTTER STINKS'.

Harry disliked these badges very much, and they were almost enough to have him turn around and go straight back to his dorm.

But he had to tell Cedric, it was only fair.

While making his way to the courtyard where he was sure Cedric and his friends were hanging out, he saw a particular person that wasn't expecting to, but wasn't going to complain about seeing. Until she turned around, wearing one of the badges with pride.

Harry's heart dropped. He knew Y/n hated him, but this was something he hadn't expected from her.

Her badge was currently sporting the 'support Cedric Diggory' side.

Harry felt tears prick at his eyes as he approached her.

With all the courage he could muster he blurted out "nice badge"

She turned to face him with mild surprise and took a moment to realize what he was referring to.

"Oh, yeah I made a few adjustments though" she replied and pressed her badge.

It swirled to the 'Potter Stinks' side, just like the others did, but her's had a different message.

On the other side, it instead said; 'UR MOM STINKS'

He looked up at her in surprise and some of the former tears almost slipped.

"Just know, this doesn't mean I like you, I'm just not as idiotic as the rest of the people at this school" She explained "I know you didn't put your name in that cup because, a, you're not nearly smart enough, and b, I think Dumbledore's security would easily prevent that."

"Thanks" Harry said quietly.

She merely shrugged "no one deserves this kind of treatment" she thought for a few moments and then said "Well almost no one deserves this kind of treatment"

He nodded, grateful that she, at least believed him.

"Well, seeya later Barrold"

"Bye" he called at her retreating form, and almost forgot what he had come out there for.

Shaking his head to regain focus, he walked over to where Cedric and his friends were.

A/n- yes I have the humour of a middle school boy.
What abt it?