He's eyeing me up and down, making my face heat up.

"Sorry, he was knocking so I let him in." Emerson finally says. I go to press pause on the music.

"Couldn't have just told me to get the door?" I roll my eyes.

"No, because then we wouldn't have gotten to see you doing whatever it was you were doing." He sticks his tongue out at me.

Pushing him back to the garage, AKA his room, I turn back to Blake.

"My mom's not home yet." I can feel the blush rushing to my cheeks. He just witnessed my jam sesh.

Blake, still with a smirk, says "I don't mind waiting. And by all means keep dancing."

I give him a slight push on the shoulder. What do I do now? Bring him to the living room? Offer him a drink? This is a small house, my options are limited.

"Sorry I'm not the best at having people over. Do you want some like, water?"

He laughs. "I'm ok. And what is that supposed to mean?"

"What is what supposed to mean?"

"You not being the best at having people over?" He narrows his eyes.

"It's kind of embarrassing." I state. "More embarrassing than your dance party?"

"Good point. I just haven't hung out with anyone since middle school." I respond truthfully.

Blake's mouth drops a little, leaving me regretting everything I just said. "Forget I told you that."

"No way. Now I have to make sure that this is a good hang out."

God, this man has a way with words.

Just when I'm about to respond, I hear mom's voice calling out from the front door. "Home!" She yells out.

Woah woah woah. Do I like sneak Blake out? Walk out with him? There should be lessons for this.

"Is that your mom?" He asks. With a nod of my head, I guide us out to the living room.

Mom is standing over the kitchen table digging through her purse. Once she finds what she needs, she turns back to me. And Blake.

She looks at me with a raised eyebrow. Maybe I should've just snuck him out.

"Hi Ms.Martinez, I'm Blake." He sticks out a hand for her to shake. Mom's eyes go wide at his apparent manners.

"Nice to meet you, and please call me Andrea. Are you a friend of Dahlia?" She smiles.

They seem to be getting along. "Yes, I'm taking her to Fallon's house if that's okay." He nods.

Mom looks at me and gives a timid thumbs up for only me to see. "We're gonna go. Did you need help with anything?" I say.

"No, you go enjoy a night out. I'll leave a key under the mat." She responds.

Pulling Blake's arm, I go to the front door. "Text you when I'm on my way back." I remind.

"Nice to meet you Andrea!" Blake gives his usual charming tone. Mom is totally swooning over it.

I open the door and push Blake out. "Your mom seems nice." He turns to me.

"Let's just go."

━━━━━━━━━━