28. Eternal Flame

Start from the beginning

I use my spare hand that doesn't have her pinned to drag a rip through the gown from where my fingers have already scalded and weakened the fabric, burning the edges black. The center of her nightgown gives way, swinging open to give me the long awaited view of her. "I liked that nightgown," she teases weakly, her legs squirming beneath her, telling a different story.

"I'll buy you more," I reply simply, lowering my lips to hers, unable to help the pull. She meets my lips hungrily, her hands restless beneath where I have them pinned, as if she felt compelled to reach out and touch me.

As if she hasn't done enough damage already.

I break from her lips, intent to do some damage of my own as my mouth trails down her neck. I could stay at her throat all day, the sweet smell, the soft skin, but I let my lips trail down to her breasts, keeping her gaze as I take her nipple in my mouth.

Her head rolls back a bit at that, her eyes fluttering shut as I nip at the sensitive skin. "Eris," she murmurs absently, her back arching her tit deeper into my mouth. I could fall apart with my name on her lips like that, only a weak huff as I bring her pleasure.

"Want me to touch you, Sweetheart?" I taunt, glancing down at where her legs cross over each other, her ass grinding against the wall.

She nods weakly, her teeth sinking into her lip as I trail my fingers down her abdomen. She's so damn beautiful, even before the sculpt of muscle covered the hollow of her ribs... she's always been too damn beautiful for her own good.

And she's even wetter than I had imagined as my fingers slide over her most sensitive skin, a smile on my lips as I nip at her earlobe. She whimpers as I slip a finger inside of her, testing her grip on my knuckles. She tightens around that finger, as if she could hold it there forever, and mother above, I feel the temptation as I drag the finger out slowly, her sighing as she tips her head against the wall.

It was only one damn finger.

I swear under my breath, meeting her mouth as I slide the second finger in, her breath shuddering on my lips. I watch her as her eyes flutter shut, my fingers producing that steady rhythm, patiently building into something more. I begin to wonder if I'm hurting her, my fingers bigger than hers, but she grinds into my hand, murmuring my name. "Don't stop," she murmurs, feeling my pace slow if only for that second. Her head jerks to the side a bit as I pick my pace back up, her cheek pressing against the tile. "Fuck, Eris," she swears.

"You like that, Sweetheart?" I murmur, burying my mouth in her throat again, pushing her hands harder against the wall. She yelps, her hips grinding against my knuckles as I reach my thumb up to brush over her clit.

Her throat bobs in answer, a curl falling clumsily into her face as I fuck her with my finger. "Perfect," I murmur, kissing her jaw with a gentleness that startles even me. "So fucking beautiful."

My finger moves faster and faster, my thumb caressing her patiently as her back arches against the wall. Her hips jolt on the build, her mouth pulling open in a silent scream as she finishes, her brows drawing together. Smirking, I release her hands, tilting her head so she has to look at me as I suck my fingers clean of her.

Serves her right.

Her charred nightgown falls off her as she steps closer, turning her dazed eyes to me as she loops her arms around my neck, curling her fingers in my hair. The calm after the storm.

Her lips meet mine in something so serene I think I black out for a moment, entangled in her love and affection, the fire within me smoldered for something that burns deeper. Quieter.

I see the eternal flame that lies between us- though I never used to believe in eternity. A storm cloud that never stops raining. A love that is never cannot be overpowered because nothing exists beyond it.

She pulls back an eternity later, what was only moments to a person who might look on, a lifetime for the two of us. Infinity.

It frazzles then, when I see a look of sadness in her eyes. "I want you," she murmurs, tracing delicate fingers over my chest. "I want... all of you."

I know what she means. She wants that nearness. That thing she's waited centuries for. The ultimate physical intimacy. She wants me to move with her, our bodies interlocked, entangled, intertwined.

At least, she thinks that's what she wants.

"You're doing so much to satisfy me," she continues on, flicking her eyes up to me. "But I think you're just trying to distract me from how bad I want you. How I want you more than anything."

"You aren't ready," I murmur, and she laughs incredulously in return, taking a step back from me.

"I'm not ready or you aren't?" She counters, curling a robe around her body as she walks out the door into our bedroom.