⇛ 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝟖, 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏

Start from the beginning

"of course. let's go."

she linked her arm with his and together, they all began making their way to the forest. they were beyond terrified for sure, but they knew that soon they would be at peace. everything would be okay because they had each other.

"there's something i have to do first." mark said, reaching into his pocket as they came to a stop.

"what is it?" jisung asked.

mark showed them the golden snitch and the words that appeared on it: 'i open at the close'.

"i'm ready to die." he whispered then brought it to his lips, kissing it. there was a soft whirring sounds as the snitch opened up, revealing a floating stone.

"that's the resurrection stone." renjun gasped.

"i want to use it. to speak to my parents before it's time to die." mark told them.

"of course. we'll give you some space." yunhee said.

she gestured to the others to move and they followed her further into the forest, not too far away from mark though. she rested her back against a tree, sighing as they stayed in silence. mark's voice could be heard, faintly, speaking to his parents.

"we're really doing this?" donghyuck asked, crouching beside her.

"i guess so." she replied.

"it just feels like there's so much left that i have to do here. i have unfinished business and..." he trailed off and she patted his head, trying to comfort him.

"you're scared. i am scared too and it's okay to be."

"i am, but i'm also ready to do this." he said.

"group hug?" jeno asked, holding his arms out. he was always the one to initiate the groups hugs. jisung was the first to hug him, followed by the others.

"are we group hugging right now?" mark's voice be heard as he joined the hug.

"oh, you're done already?" jaemin asked as they began pulling apart.

"yeah, i spoke to... my parents. remus and sirius too." he told them, his gaze lingering on yunhee who was fiddling with her hands. "yun?"

"yeah?" she looked up at him to see he was holding the resurrection stone out to her.

"i thought you might want to use it... i remember what you said about your sister."

"yun, you have a sister?" renjun asked as she took the stone from mark.

"had." she corrected just like she had in fifth year when mark asked. "can i really use this to speak to her?"

"you can."

"it's been so many years since... thank you..." she said, wiping at her eyes when she felt herself tearing up.

"no need to thank me. i think you really need this." he rubbed her back and then she left to go to where mark was before, so that she could have some privacy.

she glanced around at her surroundings then closed her eyes, squeezing the stone in her palm. she could only hear the soft rustle of the trees and her friends whispering from where they were waiting for her. and then she heard the familiar voice that she hadn't heard in years.

"yunhee."

she opened her eyes and nearly started crying at the sight of her sister standing across from her. she looked the same as she had the day she died. her face, her short hair, her clothes. it was all the same.