14: charleston reunion ☆

"We're down a pogue

"We're down a pogue."

--☆--☆--☆--

The pogues didn't know what to expect once they reached Charleston. All they knew was that Pope was asked to visit a person named Limbrey, who wanted to talk about the Royal Merchant. Pope had a feeling something was off the second he walked into the house but decided to stay just for the chance to clear John B's name.

It wasn't news to anyone that the pogues would do absolutely everything in their power to keep each other safe, even throwing one of their own to the sharks. Of course, they didn't really see Emerson as a pogue, in their eyes she would always be the kook princess. So they're betrayal towards her didn't hurt them.

But Pope hardly thought about Emerson as he sat across from one of the most powerful women in Charleston. Pope played along, listening as she ranted on and on about Denmark Tanny's key. He had no clue what she was talking about but she assumed he was lying to her.

It wasn't until Limbrey's assistant started following the Heyward boy did he realize got himself into trouble. And of course, in typical pogue fashion, JJ and Kiara weren't far behind when Pope was in trouble. The three of them made their escape, not knowing that Sarah and John B were right around the corner.

"Number one rule: never trust mechanics!" JJ shouted to his two friends as they jumped out of the broken down truck. Once again the pogues started running for their lives only this time the man following them seemed to be ten times more determined than the kooks back in OBX.

"Guys! I think he has a gun," Kiara shouted after briefly turning her head to look at the man.

"Shit, get down!" JJ yelled back.

"Come on, Kie!" Pope yelled, looking back at the girl he was falling madly in love with. "Go, go, go!"

"Into the alleyway!"

"I think I'm cramping!" Pope shouted, his voice making it nearly impossible for the pogues to hear John B and Sarah who were standing on the other side of the alley.

"This way!" JJ yelled, ignoring Pope's comment. "We might have to split up. I don't know where to go, okay? We have to lose them!" JJ turned his head just in time for him to crash into an Amazon worker, sending a bunch of packages flying to the ground. "Sorry! Right here!" JJ yelled as he rounded a corner.

"Okay!" Kiara yelled, following close behind him with Pope at her side.

"He's gaining, let's go!" Pope called out.

"I am going, Pope. You guys gotta keep up," JJ shouted back at him.

Just as JJ made it out of the alleyway he froze, almost crashing into one the tourist bikes. He turned his head, his entire body freezing when he saw who was riding the bike. Kiara and Pope made it out a second later, their reactions the same as JJ.