07: broken glass ☆

"Shut your damn mouth

"Shut your damn mouth."

--☆--☆--☆--

Emerson slowly walked back over to Kiara's car, knowing that the rest of the pogues would come back eventually. Her whole body felt exhausted, it was like her mental state had manifested into physical pain. She felt so drained, she didn't even care if they found anything. It didn't matter to her, she didn't have enough energy to care.

She opened the car door and got into the backseat, she didn't feel like standing anymore. A sigh left her lips as she turned her head, JJ's flask catching her attention. She grabbed it, seeing that JJ had carved his name onto it. Without hesitation she twisted off the cap and took a long drink, a small cough leaving her mouth when she swallowed thecheap alcohol.

Emerson's head turned as a notification appeared on her phone. She reached to the other side of the car, taking another long drink before checking who texted her. She noticed a missed call from a spam caller that happened a few minutes ago, ignoring it as she looked at the most recent text. She closed her eyes for a second, realizing it was Rafe texting her.

She set the phone down, not wanting to open the message. Rafe had been texting her since last night, and she ignored every text. She looked over seeing her phone light up a second time. This time she picked it up, opening the text.

Please don't ignore me.

I need you Emerson.

Emerson shook her head as she read the text. She wanted nothing to do with the Cameron family anymore. They got her best friend killed. She should hate them. But it was hard hating someone who has been a part of your family for years. Rafe wasn't always like this, Emerson knew that better than anyone. She knew there's no way she could just walk out of his life, even if she wanted to.

"You look like you've seen a ghost," Kiara commented as she got back in the car. The boys were still about a block away bickering over something that probably wasn't important.

"It's Rafe," Emerson told her. "He keeps texting me." Emerson didn't know why she told Kiara, it really doesn't feel like they're friends anymore. But Kiara was the only one here.

"Are you gonna text him back?" She asked.

"I don't think I can," Emerson answered as she looked down at her phone again. "I can barely look at him."

"He might be able to help us clear John B's name," Kiara shrugged, causing Emerson to give her a confused look. "If we get his confession," She added.

"I'm not some undercover FBI agent, Kie. I can't walk in there with a tape recorder and get him to confess," Emerson snapped, annoyed that the pogues even asked her to sneak her way into the Cameron's lives.