35: pope's cross ☆

"a beehive worth of wasps

"a beehive worth of wasps."

--☆--☆--☆--

They laid Pope down in the backseat of the truck. His head was resting on Emerson's lap as he struggled to breath. Emerson was doing her best to fight the tears that wanted to form, but she was scared. Terrified actually.

"What do you need?" JJ asked him.

Pope lifted his arm, pretending to stab it into his other arm but Emerson already knew what he needed. "He needs a pen! An epi pen," She yelled at them.

"Wait! I know where to go! Give me the keys!" JJ shouted.

"They're in the ignition!" Kiara yelled at him.

"Right. I knew that," JJ replied, getting into the driver's seat. Everyone climbed into the truck and sped away, little did they know that the second they left Rafe and his crew came out of the shadows and went into the church.

JJ drove as quickly as he could towards his cousin's house. He knew that this would be the place where Pope could get help. JJ honked the horn repeatedly as he pulled in front of the house.

"Ricky!" JJ shouted as he got out of the truck. "Ricky! Hey! Bro! Ricky! Hey, Ricky!" He yelled as he moved towards Ricky's front door. "Hey! I've got a problem bro! I know you're mad at me!"

"Remember that time you stole my ambulance!" Ricky shouted at JJ, through the door.

"Yeah, I know. I know. I know you're mad!" Ricky didn't listen to him and instead he closed the door in JJ's face. "No!"

"No!" Now Sarah was screaming at him. "Please! Please, we need help!" They all started baging on the doors and windows, trying to get into the house.

"He got stung by a wasp! He's having a reaction! Please!"

"He can't breathe Ricky!" JJ yelled.

"Who can't breathe?" Ricky asked, opening his door. He looked at Pope, his eyes widening.

"Please! Please help him," Emerson yelled on the other side of the glass door. She and John B were still helping Pope stand, as he continued to wheeze.

"All right, Jesus Christ," Ricky groaned, unlocking the glass door and opening it, letting the pogues into his house.

"Nice to meet you. Sorry!" Sarah yelled as she ran ahead of the group into the house. She ran to the closest table, shoving everything off of it so Pope could lay down.

"You know, I wouldn't come to you if it wasn't an emergency," JJ told his cousin.

"What's wrong with him?" Ricky asked.

"He got stung by wasps," Emerson told him.

"Wasps?"

"Yes, wasps," Emerson replied.