Chapter 6 - Sports festival

------------------------

Author's note: I'm ignoring the U.S.J. arc, imagine it so that the same outcome happens, but without Midoriya.

------------------------

Todoroki POV

It's now the U.A. Sports Festival and my next match is with Tenya, which is great because I can then take out some of my anger for him abandoning Midoriya. I'm waiting in the hallway because I need to tell him something, not only about Midoriya but also about me.

"Hey Tenya," I say.

"What is it Shoto?" he said in his usual class representative tone.

Afterward, I made my declaration to never use my father's side. And Tenya just stared blankly.

"While I see your reasoning, it's a bit stupid" he then said. "What did you just say?" I replied with venom in my tone.

"Don't get me wrong, what your father did was horrible," he explained, "but quirks are a part of you, of your personality. No one has a part of their father in them except for genes. You are who you want to be." he finished.

Then something clicked, I got a flashback to my mom.

"It's okay, you can be who you want to be"

With a small flame at the tip of my finger, I start walking to my side of the arena.

Timeskip to the match

I step up to the arena until I get screamed at in my ear by Present Mic.

"HERE ARE THE NEXT FIGHTERS, BOTH FROM THE SAME CLASS!" he screamed. 'God, microphones are already there to amplify your voice, don't overdo it' I thought to myself.

"TENYA IDA VERSUS SHOTO TODOROKI," he howled "ARE WE READYYYYY!?!??!" Ida and I get into a fighting stance. "AND GOOOOOOOO!!!!" and we both ran at each other.

The outcome was me trapping him with my ice, and so I won. Moving on to the finals.

It's me versus Bakugo, and I couldn't be more ecstatic. Because I realized that I could use my left side without anything to hold me back.

"AND GOOO!!!" Present Mic shouted.

I lost, even despite using my left side. Although I got some nice payback for him, fueled by everything he does regularly. Like his attitude in class, or his speech in general.