Chapter 1.

My hair stood on end, a shiver raced down my spine and a lump came to my throat. Footsteps slowly creaked on every step of the stairs. The bedroom door handle turned slowly.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
My alarm went off at 5:00am and it was 8:15am, I was Late for work ughh. It was the usual Monday morning and I was freaking late. I had to rush to my office.

I took a quick shower and dressed up, packed my stuff and headed to the car.

By the time I got to the office, I saw a group of my co-workers and my boss, it was a meeting. Yikes.

"Ms. Wilton you're late" Mr. Ronald, my boss said.

"I'm really sorry, I didn't get enough sleep last night and I overslept, it will never happen again" I said. "Better not" he said.

I took a seat in the meeting and the assistant Attorney general spoke "There has been a murder case of yesterday, a girl named Anna was killed in her bedroom" he said.

"Anna? that name sounds familiar" I thought." Was there any autopsy on the body?" Sylvia asked.

"Yes there was. It seems like she was stabbed while she was asleep around 11:30pm" he said. "The murderer was seen by a person but it turns out that he was wearing a white mask and a hoodie, and he had the letter "A" written on the wall of the girls room in blood".

I shivered when he said that. "What could that mean?" I asked

"The detectives are working on that and are taking a DNA test to find the murderer". He said.

Murmurs were heard in the room. "It's alright, let's focus on what's on the ground" Mr. Ronald said.

"There was a criminal case in a convenience store and a lot of stuff were stolen and fortunately there was a security camera in the store and we have 3 suspects so far". Mr. Ronald continued.

I was still wondering who Anna could be.

After work, I got home and plopped on the bed, I was so exhausted. I got a phone call from my best friend, Yara.

"Hey Zara, I just heard that Anna Gilbert was killed". She said.

Oh it's Anna Gilbert.

"Oh I heard the news in my office but I didn't know it was the Anna I knew and now I'm surprised, who could do that type of thing?" I asked.

"I was also surprised too and it was in our neighborhood last night that it happened, I can't believe no one heard about it when it happened" Yara said.

"I heard that someone saw only his silhouette, and he wrote on her bedroom wall, the letter "A", what could that mean?" I asked.

"I'm not really sure and I'm kind of creeped out to be honest, knowing that some murderer came into this neighborhood, eek!!" Yara said.

"Me too, but I think the murderer is Anna's enemy or something I'm not really sure" I said.
"Well you could be right about that because someone can't just kill someone for no reason right?" She said creeped out.

"Don't be afraid, I'm sure that the murderer will be caught" I said in an assuring tone. "Yeah , I will talk to you later, I gotta go". The call ended.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A/N
Hello my friends, this is my first story!! I'm currently working on other chapters and I'm going to update as much as I can :) pls like, comment and vote!! Fighting!