41 - Part I : Want

Start from the beginning

"Jade," She replied almost immediately.

"And why are you here?"

"Alexis," Joseph warned.

I ignored him and continued to stare at her.

"Leo's my tutor. I stay with him."

I turned my head away from her and heard her sigh like she'd been holding her breath. "So technically she has no voice in this meeting."

Leo's smile was radiant and impressed. "Hmm, you're right."

"Then put my idea into consideration."

The meeting went on for another fifteen minutes while they debated my idea. In the end, they said they'd talk with the Elders.

As the angels dispersed, I unthinkably scanned the crowd for a particular angel. 

Cam hadn't been at the meeting before this one. Maybe he knew I was here and was avoiding me which was completely childish. I kept telling myself I couldn't care any less if he wasn't here.

But a part of me kept asking myself why I was still looking for him in the first place.

Joseph walked up to me and wrapped his arms around me. I smiled and returned his hug. He was like another father figure for me. I loved him as if he were another dad. That's what it's been like since I've been at the house. "You did well, Alex."

"Thank you." I mumbled into his shoulder.

"But," Of course there's a "but". "You can't pick on the New Ones. They're new to this life just like you're to yours. She's only a day old."

I pulled back and pulled my white hood up over my head. "I apologize. But she should learn her place."

"Like you've learnt yours." He smiled down at me. "You've blossomed during the past two and a half weeks, Alexis. Everyday you're becoming a stronger woman."

I smiled and blushed down to the floor.

Joseph smiled back and sighed rubbing his hands together. His cold breath hung in the air as he glanced left and right at the deserted area. "Best be getting back. I could fly us back. Or would you rather run now that you know where you're going."

I smirked. "I'd rather run. Gets my blood boiling, ya know? Plus I have somewhere I need to be."

He nodded and said, "Don't be later than four. Liz is busy, yes, but she would still have a fit if you're out too late."

I nodded and started off into the Forrest. Running had become my third nature, after fire of course. Mary taught me to wear camouflage right now. So I was dressed in white: White hoodie, white sweat pants and my white Converse.  

There was a snow storm a day ago and thankfully it settled last night.

The meeting was held up further up North this time round. It was the longest run ever. Took me an hour to get here because I had to stop and walk twice.

It took me slightly longer to get me back to Fayetteville. I was completely bushed by the time I was at Megan's house. I hadn't been allowed outside Joseph's house or that area at all in fear of my "Safety."

I told Megan over the phone that'd I'd be around hers in an hour which was... I looked at my phone in my pocket... Three hours ago because it was now twelve. Her light was still on in her bedroom but her thoughts were filled with imaginative dreams. I could hear the rest of her family's dreams and sighed. 

Megan must be pissed.

But just then, I heard Jamie think, 'Where the hell are the cookies.'

I smiled and decided to knock on the door. Jamie's footsteps echoed on the floorboards as he walked toward the door. He opened it a grinned. "Alex! You're alive! Everyone thought you died."