Part 16

When you got into the house your mum was waiting up for you ready for all the gossip. You groaned as you slipped off your shoes and put on some house slippers, the sight of her giddy face swiftly bringing you back down to earth from the cloud you'd just been sitting on.

"So.....?" She said excitedly bouncing on the balls of her feet. She reminded you so much of Yui and it made you laugh.

You decided there was no point avoiding this conversation, so you followed her into the living room and sat down across from her on the sofa with your giant stuffed bear on your lap. You hugged it tight and buried your face in the soft fuzz of its back waiting for the interrogation to start.

"Come on, out with it. How did it go?! I saw you holding his hand in the car..." She said wiggling her eyebrows.

You rolled your eyes. "He went to hold mine first, I just finished what he started."

Your mum squealed and waited for the rest of the story. You sighed and began the story from the beginning, telling her about the food, the games and getting your teddy bear, then the candy apples and the bracelet.

When you showed her the bracelet, she slid forward onto her knees on the carpet to get a better look.

"Awww that's so sweet! Honey, I think this one might be a keeper." She said turning your hand, so the beads caught the light and sparkled.

"Anyway," you cleared your throat and removed your hand from her grasp. She went and sat back down on the sofa. "When the fireworks finished, we went to the arcade for a bit to play some more games. Then he brought me home and he asked if I'd be his girlfriend."

Your mum put her hands to her mouth and squealed again. "You said yes, right?"

"Of course I said yes..." you said rolling your eyes. You paused after this, going red and burying your face back into your teddy bear. You began fiddling with the red ribbon around his neck as you mumbled the next words into his soft fur. "And then he kissed me."

Your mum didn't say anything to this, she just smiled but you didn't look up from your teddy bear. She moved to sit next to you on the sofa and hugged you and the teddy tight. All giddy schoolgirl attitude gone, she sounded genuine when she spoke into your hair. "I'm so happy for you."

You put the teddy down and hugged her back. "Thanks mum. I'm going to go to bed now, it's late and I'm beat."

She nodded and picked up the teddy handing it to you as you went upstairs and got changed for bed. You washed off the makeup and let your hair down, brushing it through before curling up on your bed with your new teddy.

You opened your phone to see Kenma had gotten home a few minutes ago.

Y/N

23.21: Hey, glad you got home ok. I'm so tired but I had the best day ever! X

Kenma<3

23.22: Me too. :-) When I got back my mum wanted me to ask you over for dinner. She said her and dad will take a day off work for the occasion.

Y/N

23:23: Oh gosh, they don't have to do that!

Kenma<3

23.23: I told her you'd say that, but she insisted it's ok. It's been ages since they took a day off and she said "what better excuse than to host dinner for your son's first girlfriend."

Your heart fluttered at that word. So he'd already told them he asked you out, or maybe his mother had just jumped to conclusions. Well, she wasn't wrong.