Part 12

When you reached the court, the coach had taken him off the court and sat him on a bench to take a closer look at his shoulder. It was dislocated. Bokuto was saying sorry repeatedly while Kuroo tried to smile and tell him it wasn't his fault.

"L/N, would you mind taking Kuroo to the nurses office, she'll be able to pop it back into place. Try not to move it too much in the meantime." The coach helped Kuroo stand up so he could walk there with you.

Although he didn't need the support, he threw his good arm around your shoulders to lean on you, throwing a sly grin at Kenma which you didn't see as you were slipping your shoes back on at the door.

You walked fairly slowly to the nurse's office, trying not to jolt his arm. It would be a lot easier if he just stood up on his own two feet instead of leaning on you. But he was enjoying this far too much to let go.

"Does it hurt a lot?" You asked him, you tried not to look at it, the way his arm was stuck at a funny angle made you nauseous.

"Not so much right now, but it'll hurt like hell when she puts it back in." He said wincing as his hand hit the side of his leg. "This isn't the first time I've dislocated it. In middle school a couple of the third years were giving Kenma a hard time so I stepped in, one of them tried to push me out of the way but I fell down the steps of the building and it popped out then too. At least they ran off scared to get in trouble and left him alone after that."

"Not quiet the hero story from the movies, but I guess this is real life." You giggled.

"What do you mean I'm not the hero?" He teased in mock indignation. "Everyone's the hero of their own story."

You laughed again, "Well right now you're the damsel in distress and I'm the one taking you to get healed."

"Then I guess that makes you my hero." He grimaced through the pain, trying to give you his usual flirtatious grin.

You'd reached the nurses office now and she let you in tutting at the state of Kuroo's arm. You helped him sit down on the examination table and the nurse asked you to help hold him steady as she popped his arm back into its socket.

"Hold him steady now." You gripped him around the waist from behind and pushed all your weight on him from behind while he steadied himself with his free arm by gripping the table. "On three then. One, two..." Pop.

She thrust his arm up and back into the joint as it made a sickening sound. Kuroo yelled and grit his teeth. You had your eyes closed and was trying not to throw up.

After a few moments the sick feeling in your stomach started to go away. But you kept your eyes shut a little longer.

"Y/N, you can let go of me now." Kuroo said in his smooth deep voice.

You opened you eyes and realised you were still clutching his waist.

"Oh, sorry." You said letting go quickly and coming back round to the front of the table. You face was red again from practically hugging Kuroo.

"Don't get me wrong, I like having a girl clung to me. But maybe not in the nurse's office, at least while the nurse is here." He chuckled, sending you an even brighter shade of red.

The nurse just rolled her eyes and muttered about kids these days as she strapped his arm up into a sling. "Ok, keep that on for a couple of days and try to keep it still for a while. Absolutely no volleyball for at least a week, preferably two. You're lucky you're so young, you'll be able to heal pretty fast."

On the walk back to the gym Kuroo sighed, "No volleyball for a week... I wonder what else I can do with my free time. Any ideas?" He stopped walking in front of you and you almost walked into him as he turned to face you. You looked up to see that dangerous look in his eyes again and your heart began racing faster.