04

ɴɪᴄᴋ & ɴᴏʀᴀ/sɪᴅ & ɴᴀɴᴄʏ

Juliana just drove, guessing her way to her destination only knowing the general direction and the places around it.

She ignored the constant ringing of her cellphone, and the buzzes coming from it every few minutes. At a red light, she threw it towards the backseat and buried it under a small pile of clothes she had in case of an emergency.

Finally, she saw the sign and drove past it, now she's in the right place she needs to find her destination. Luckily in small towns, everyone knows everything about everyone.

She pulled up on the square and got out of the car, realising the pouring rain falling rapidly out the sky. Then realising she didn't wear the best outfit for a road trip, a pair of black sweatpants and a tiny cropped tank top.

She didn't care though, quickly she walked into the empty restaurant, "Hello?"

"I'm coming!" a voice shouted from somewhere confusing the girl.

She tapped her foot impatiently and looked around the small restaurant admiring its simplicity. The simple tables and counter, the blackboard above the counter, it was cute, and the large coffee mugs sitting on the shelves showed her it was probably a cafe or something.

"How can I help you?" a man asked as he came through the curtain unable to see the girl's face.

She turned around hearing a voice, but as the man saw her face he immediately rushed towards her.

"What's wrong? What can I get you?" he asked in front of her.

"I just umm-" she tried to speak but tears just fell down her face at a rapid pace.

"Come, sit," he said leading her to the stools on the counter, "Let's start with something to drink?" he asked as he walked around stopping in front of the girl.

She looked familiar, she looked like someone, but he couldn't quite figure it out, as he was worrying too much about why she's in this state.

"I have tea, coffee, soda, hot chocolate?" he asked leaning forward trying to get an understanding of what she's like.

"Hot chocolate?" she asked looking up.

"Yes let me do that," he said spinning around, "What's your name?"

"I'm Juliana," she admitted, weary if she should be telling her name to a stranger.

"Hi Juliana, I'm Luke," he walked towards her with a mug full of hot chocolate, "You want to tell me what you're doing in Stars Hollow?" he asked looking at her but as soon as he mentioned it her eyes started pooling up again, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Don't cry."

"What the hell is making so much noise?" someone asked storming downstairs and towards the two.

"Go upstairs and unpack Jess," Luke said sternly.

"What's wrong with her?" Jess whispered not fully able to see the girl but able to see her teary face.

"I don't know Jess," Luke looked at him annoyed.