16

ᴄʜʀɪsᴛᴏᴘʜᴇʀ ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴs

Richard has joined his wife in welcoming his old friends, leaving Christopher, Lorelai and Rory sitting on the couch uncomfortably waiting for the older four to join them.

"This is weird. These are my other grandparents. I don't even know them. What do I call them?" Rory began overthinking, unsure of the smallest things.

"Call'em what I call'em - ass-" Christopher tried to joke being cut off by Lorelai, who has a serious face.

"Chris..."

"Sorry, my tie's too tight," Christopher laughed loosening his tie slightly, enough so it wasn't too tight but not too loose where his parents could tell and comment on it.

"Just, uh, call them Straub and Francine. Call them Mr and Mrs Hayden. Sir and Ma'am? Why don't you just avoid calling them anything," Lorelai gave her daughter a serious answer, unlike Christopher who is too nervous to say anything at all.

Although his daughter is close to his parents, he isn't. He usually only calls if he's going out of town and to let them know or if it's absolutely necessary.

"Look who's here," Richard smiled introducing the elder four's presence.

"Hello mother, pop," Christopher walked up to his parents smiling at each if them politely.

"Christopher," his dad shook his hand.

"Christopher, hello," Francine smiled pulling him in for a hug.

"Mr and Mrs Hayden, long time no see," Lorelei tried her best to be polite to her daughter.

"Lorelai. You look well," Francine smiled back to the girl.

"I am thanks. You remember Rory. You haven't seen her in quite a while," Lorelei stepped out of the way, revealing the awkward girl standing still.

"No we haven't," Straub said sternly watching Rory carefully.

"I think she was just beginning to speak in complete sentences," Francine explained to her husband.

" So not for two years then," Lorelei tried to joke but the Hayden's looked at her strangely, "She's obviously been talking a long time so I was making a humorous comment sometimes referred to as a 'joke'."

"I see you haven't changed Lorelai," Straub said to the girl with his voice full of disgust.

"No, not at all," Lorelai smiled at him to which he ignored.

"Rory, hello," Francine addressed to the girl who stood there unsure what to do.

"Hi," Rory smiled curtsying to Francine, regretting it immediately.

"Did you just curtsy?" Lorelai mocked her daughter, trying her hardest to hold back her laughter.

Rory glared at her before whispering, "Shut up."

"Sorry, milady," Lorelai whispered back ignoring the strange stare from Christopher.

"Uh, Straub, Francine, how about a martini?" Richard asked walking towards the cart.