Chapter 6 - Valentine's Day

Everyone must have at least one person they appreciate or love. Talk about love, what is exactly the definition of the word 'love'? I did some research about it, and I concluded. Even though it's just a simple word, its meaning is vast and able to make a huge impact on one's life.

Okay, back to the point, in my opinion, love is a feeling we feel towards someone - not just in a romantic way, but also when we feel like we care and want to protect them. We want to make sure they're safe and well every time. When we talk about love, what comes to our mind must be anything related to it such as romantic dramas, cute couples, dating, marriage, etc, right?

There must be some of you who are thinking about that sweet event on February 14th too. Do you know what takes place on that date? It's Valentine's Day! Yup, a day to celebrate love and lovers. That's the topic that is hotly debated here, the Central. The military hunters are also no exception in that hot topic. Everyone is busy thinking and talking about presents to be given to their loved ones.

The same thing also currently happens to the Lieutenant Colonel of Central. It all started when she was having lunch with her friends at the usual spot in the park.

"Who will you give your present to, Miss Lieutenant?" Shiro voluntarily asked her with an impatient face.

Surprised by that sudden question, Kurapika didn't have much time to think about that one lucky person she would give her handmade gift. She could only shrug and apologised for failing to give her answer.

"I will give mine to everyone!" Gon jumped and raised both his hands in the air with a grin.

"Me too! I will finish my mission before tomorrow. There are still 45 pieces to bake. But wait, what are you going to give, Gon?" Shiro joined in.

Gon giggled. "Hehehe! It's a secret. You will know it tomorrow. You are going to give yours to everyone too, right Killua?".

"Yeah, maybe. But mine are not handmade. I bought them with the money we got from Heaven's Arena last year. Is it alright?" Killua answered after swallowing his sandwich.

"Of course it's alright. As long as you're sincere and hope for nothing in return, everyone will appreciate it even if it's a bought or cheap present," Senritsu replied after a long silence and pointed her index finger onto KIllua's chest.

"I'm still in progress. I don't think I'll get many presents tomorrow because yeah, I'm not that good-looking man. I'm sure the Colonel will get a lot of gifts from his fangirls. Talk about him, how are you two doing these two months? Anything special occurred between the two of you?" Leorio teased while making a face that Kurapika won't hesitate to land her fist on it.

"No, nothing special, I guess. Maybe I'll just give mine to him since I'm not that good at cooking and I don't have much money to buy presents for everyone. I finally succeeded in baking only one chocolate last night after an uncountable number of attempts," Kurapika answered.

They continued chatting and got up to go back to their office after taking a glance at their wristwatch that showed almost one and half past morning. They can't wait to wake up on a beautiful morning tomorrow.

xxxXXXxxx

Tomorrow finally came and everyone brought their beautifully wrapped presents, flower bouquets and sweets. Kurapika brought her handmade chocolate in a small box wrapped in a shining golden wrapper. She was worried about her cheap-looking present but she was certain the receiver would like it. She was on her way to her office when she ran into the Colonel who was surrounded by a lot of girls. Suddenly, she felt something light fall on her right shoulder. She quickly turned her head to her right and was surprised to see all the Genei Ryodan beside her. The one who patted her shoulder was Shalnark.