Chapter 5 - Nen Types and Abilities

The sound of vehicles, people chattering, birds chirping happily and the children's laughter while playing with their friends were not a new thing for the new Lieutenant Colonel in this big city called Central, the centre of Amestris. After taking a bath, wearing her uniform and having breakfast, she made her way to her office on this beautiful morning with high spirits. Believe it or not, it's already been a week since she first stepped foot in this city! It felt like she just started working yesterday. Nothing special happened last week so she hoped to learn and experience new things this week.

As usual, she went into the office, was greeted by her friends, made her way towards her office, was welcomed by the Colonel and started to work. Kurapika had a question she had been kept since she first met the Colonel but she just couldn't ask him. She already tried to ask him but every time their eyes met, she couldn't continue what she was about to say. Instead, her cheeks heated up and she had this weird feeling that even she couldn't understand.

So, she decided to ask him today, once and for all. When a Kurta has set something, they must fulfil it until the end. That's what her parents taught her when she was young.

After the Colonel's friends left after lunch, Kurapika gathered her courage and walked in front of the Colonel's table. She had butterflies in her stomach and stuttered at first but she asked anyway.

"Um, excuse me, sir. Um, may I ask you some questions?".

"Oh, sure. Go on,".

"Um, well, I was wondering since the first time we met... Um, what is your Nen type and abilities? Y-you, don't have to answer if you're uncomfortable with it. I beg your pardon, sir,".

"No, that's alright. I was wondering the same thing too. What a coincidence. So, how about you tell yours first and then I'll tell mine afterwards?".

"Yes, of course, sir. I am originally a conjurer, but when my eyes turn scarlet, I become a specialist. I called it my 'Emperor Time'. I conjured five chains extending from each finger on my right hand and I can summon them anytime," Kurapika explained while showing her chains.

Thumb - Holy Chain (heals wound).
Index finger - Steal Chain (stabs a target to drain their aura and force them into a state of Zetsu).
Middle finger - Chain Jail (wraps around people and restricts their movements. It also forcefully shuts off the Nen of its target, forcing them to escape through brute force alone.
Ring finger - Dowsing Chain (used to track and locate things)
Little finger - Judgment Chain (pierce through the victim's chest and wraps around their heart. Kurapika will set two conditions, which the victim has to follow and if they don't, the chain will crush their heart, instantly killing them).

The Colonel looked quite interested. Then, he stood up and walked towards Kurapika to get a clearer look at his chains. Kurapika blushed a little when the Colonel took his hand and contemplated the chains because it's been a while since the last time they got so close like this.

"I'm looking forward to seeing you use your chains in real missions. Now, it's my turn to tell you about my Nen," the Colonel put down Kurapika's hand and walked towards the window.

"I am a specialist,".

"A specialist? Since birth?".

"Yup! Since birth. I have various abilities such as my Skill Hunter (Bandit's Secret Book), Indoor Fish, Fun Fun Cloth and teleportation. With my Skill Hunter, I can steal the others Nen ability, but I must complete three steps in an hour. First, I must see the ability in action. Then, ask about the power and be answered by the user and lastly, the user's palm must touch the hand on the front of my Bandit's Secret," the Colonel explained excitedly and proudly while summoning his Bandit's Secret and showed it to Kurapika.

"Wow! You're awesome, sir. Now I understand why you were selected as the Colonel. Your appearance is a bonus but you have many-".

Kurapika's sentence was cut because something sticky on her arm pulled her back a little. She used Gyo on her eyes and saw something long and pink came from the outside of the door. Then, two men came into the office. The man who owned the sticky thing had a long smile on his pale skin, narrow eyes and pink hair. While the other man had long black hair, pale skin and big eyes.

"Well, well. Good evening, Mr Colonel and the new Miss Lieutenant Colonel," the pink-haired man greeted them.

"Ah! Good evening Major Morrow and Major Zoldyck. How may I help you?" the Colonel replied.

"Hmm... Nothing I guess. We just came to meet the new Lieutenant. I still can't believe you're a girl. You're so cute and pretty. The Colonel must have fallen for you at the first sight," Hisoka teased while discarding his Bungee Gum he placed on Kurapika's arm. Then, he reached up his hand to caress Kurapika's cheek lightly but the Colonel won't allow that to happen.

"Where have you been last week?" the Colonel asked while pulling Kurapika's arm and placed her head on his chest.

"Nowhere. Just wandering around the city. Right, Illumi?" Hisoka answered calmly.

"Did you kill innocent people?" The Colonel looked a little angry.

"Who knows? I guess we should take our leave now. See you later Mr Colonel and Miss Lieutenant," Hisoka said then they walked out the door and faded into the darkness.

"Um, sir. You can let me go now,".

"Ah, yes. Lieutenant, I advise you to stay away from those two. I'm afraid they will do anything bad to you. I don't want to lose you,".

"Don't worry, sir. I will take care of myself and thank you for your advice. Now, shall we continue our work, sir?".

The Colonel smiled and returned to his table to continue with his documents. Kurapika also returned to her table. They continued their work until they didn't realise it was already late. Kurapika just finished her work and was about to get up when she saw the scene of her superior dozing off with his head resting on both of his arms on the table. Kurapika couldn't help but chuckle a little because she never saw the Colonel look so peaceful.

She then remembered the blanket she brought every day in her tote bag, just in case it would be useful if anything happened. She pulled out her blanket and covered the back of her superior.

"Good night, sir Colonel Lucifer," Kurapika whispered into her superior's ear and made her way to leave. But before she left, she took one last look and smiled at the sight of her superior. Then, she walked out, shut the door quietly and made her way back to her dorm.

Oh, yeah! Finally finished the fifth chapter! I was about to write this last week but my family went to our grandparents' house and I wasn't allowed to bring my phone and other gadgets... (T~T) But I am free this week! Yay! I heard that my school will reopen in two weeks and I will go back to school.... No!!!! Maybe I will not get much freedom but don't worry because I will find my time to write on the weekends! So stay tuned! And thank you for reading. Don't forget to follow me, vote and share this story ya! Oh yeah, the next chapter will be held in February and I can't wait to start writing it! Can you guess what I am going to write in the next chapter? Hehehe... 💗
(Sun, 17 Oct 2021)