Chapter 4 - Genei Ryodan

The antique clock on the wall showed 12 o'clock sharp by the time Kurapika took a quick glance at it. The other side of the door filled with sounds of footsteps and people chattering while making their way to the cafeteria. It's lunch time! The time sure passed so fast after her last conversation with the Colonel. She could hear her stomach rumbling asking to be filled.

She was about to get up from her chair when the door suddenly opened and revealed a group of people she never met before. She wondered why they didn't knock on the door and asked for entrance before entering the personal office of the highest position in Central. There were eleven people in different forms and facial expressions entering the office without hesitation. Some of them looked normal and some looked scary.

A young blond boy among them suddenly took and shook her hand with a joyful face. "Nice to meet you, Miss Lieutenant Kurapika. My name is Shalnark, Major Shalnark. All of us are Majors, just a rank below you. You must be weird why we entered without knocking. We are Danchou- I mean Colonel's friends. So he allowed us to enter his office anytime,".

Feeling surprised and a little awkward, Kurapika could only return a smile and observed every one of them. Shalnark said that they are 'Genei Ryodan'. He also showed his spider tattoo with number 6 on its body and told her everyone in Genei Ryodan has a numbered tattoo on their certain body part. Then, he introduced all his friends excitedly to her.

#0 - Chrollo Lucilfer (Leader)
#1 - Nobunaga Hazama (a short-bearded man with his hair tied back and a katana inserted on his belt at the edge of his waist)
#2 - Feitan Portor ( a short man with long black hair and his shirt's collar behind his uniform covered half of his face making him looked gloomy)
#3 - Machi Komacine ( a young woman with calm face and pink hair tied up in a ponytail)
#4 - Hisoka Morrow (a perverted clown, not there, probably gone lunch with Gon and ignored their invitation to visit the new Lieutenant Colonel)
#5 - Phinks Magcub (a tough-looking blond man who often cursing on (almost) everything)
#6 - Shalnark (a cheerful young blond boy who always smiling)
#7 - Franklin Bordeau (a huge and scary zombie-looking man but kind-hearted and cares about others)
#8 - Shizuku Murasaki (a left-handed girl who wears big round glasses but keeps forgetting things)
#9 - Pakunoda (a blonde and sexy woman)
#10 - Bonolenov Ndongo (a mummy with boxing gloves)
#11 - Uvogin (a fierce beast-looking man who talks a lot and loudly)
#12 - Kortopi (a short and quiet long hair boy)

The Colonel finally opened his mouth and joined the conversation. "We're also known as the Spiders, the 'good' Spiders now. I am the head and they're the legs. Even if I die, the Spiders will not die if the legs work together,".

"So, you've been bad guys before?" Kurapika asked.

"Well, maybe you could say that to the old us. But we've changed, more or less," the Colonel answered.

"Don't worry, Miss Kurapika! We'll never hurt you, but we will protect you. If you have any problems, just share them with us," Shalnark said happily.

"Now, don't be too friendly or she will be annoyed with you. You sure talk a lot today. Did you fall for her cuteness or what?" Phinks teased him.

"It's not like that! I'm just excited we got a new friend today. Well, she's kind of cute too," Shalnark replied with a little blush.

"Don't steal her from Danchou! He met her first so she probably belongs to him. It's not good to steal others' girlfriend," Nobunaga interrupted.

"She's my Lieutenant but maybe she'll be my girlfriend one day. Or maybe more than that. Who knows?" the Colonel said with a grin.

Kurapika blushed after a few seconds pondering the statement while the others laughed but some still stayed quiet.

Their conversation was interrupted by the sound of knocking on the door. The door was slightly opened after the Colonel gave permission to enter. Then, a long blonde hair and smiling face appeared by the door. Oh, it's Shiro! (Yup, Shiro has long blonde hair UwU)

"Good afternoon, everyone! Mr. Colonel Sir, may I take Miss Kurapika to lunch with me? Or did you have lunch already?".

"Oh, no. I haven't yet,".

Kurapika asked for her superior's permission then she got up and walked towards Shiro after she got a nod from Chrollo.

"Let's go! I made lunch for you. Do you mind if we eat at the park? We often have lunch there when the weather's fine,".

"No, I don't mind at all. You said 'we' just now. Who else is there?".

"Hehe. You'll see for yourself,".

The two ladies then arrived at the park where there were a few round tables and four people waiting for them at one of the tables. There were Gon, Killua, Leorio and a person Kurapika never met before waving at them.

"Oh, I never met you before. My name is Kurapika, the new Lieutenant Colonel. You look different than the others," Kurapika said to the person.

"My name is Senritsu and I'm a girl. Many people mistakenly think of me as a boy. I'm a pretty lady before I was under a curse. But in exchange, I got an excellent hearing and I can even hear your heartbeats," Senritsu replied.

"Wow! You can even hear our heartbeats? That's very extraordinary! Um, may I ask, if you don't mind, what curse are you talking about?" Kurapika asked.

"I am under the Sonata of the Darkness curse. It's a music note written by a devil. The legends said that if you play even one note from it, you will be cursed forever. A friend of mine died after he played a note that someone taught him while we're drunk. I was cursed after I heard that note. I became a hunter so that I could gain some clues of the Sonata's whereabouts and destroy it so that I can free myself from this curse,".

Senritsu looked sad but Gon and Shiro cheered her up, then she smiled again. They eat their lunch while talking about some random topics and then they separate ways to go to their offices. Kurapika went back to her office alone and was welcomed by the Ryodan. They were having their lunch but some had already left.

Kurapika went to her desk to finish her work. Shalnark and the rest help the Colonel with his documents after they finish their lunch. They spent their evening there and finally left after the sky turned orange-redish colour and the sun set down the horizon. Kurapika still had some work and documents to fill so she stayed until it was past dinner time.

"You can go to your dorm and have dinner. It's getting late. You must be very tired," said the Colonel.

"Oh, okay. See you tomorrow, sir. And how about you? Do you still want to continue your work, sir?".

"I'm fine. I spend my whole night and sleep here almost everyday. You can go to your dorm or do you want to stay here with me?".

"No, thank you. I'll go to my dorm. Don't push yourself too hard. It's not good for your health. Well, good night, sir,".

"Good night to you too, Lieutenant,".

Kurapika opened the door and gave her superior a smile before walking out from the office. The Colonel watched her in a little surprise after he received the smile. Then, he turned himself with his chair around and faced the starry night sky with a smile he didn't realize he had on his face.

Yay! And that's the fourth part of my story. Since I just finished my exam, maybe I will post the next chapter shortly. Stay tuned for the update. Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote and follow me! Luv u so much!
♡(ӦvӦ。)
(Sun, 26 Sep 2021)