Nine

(NOT EDITED!!!)

Alivia's POV

I can't believe I was doing this. I had got myself ready and gotten Leia ready as well. This would be the first time Leia would see her dad—and the first time I will see him in a really long time.

I got ready in this:

Anthony texted me the address of the place and it was really fancy

Anthony texted me the address of the place and it was really fancy. I wasn't planning on dressing up, so I had to get this dress last minute.

The restaurant seems pretty expensive. I know I don't have much money, but I didn't want to change places just because I'm poor. I'll just try not to order that much and make Leia share with me.

She was wearing this:

Once we were both ready to go, I loaded her in the car and got it started

Once we were both ready to go, I loaded her in the car and got it started. Here goes nothing.

A few days earlier
Josh's POV

I'm currently sitting in my room on FaceTime with Avani. She's picking out a present for Anthony since their anniversary is coming up.

Suddenly, Anthony burst into my room. "Hold on, Avani," I say, then turn to face him. "Yes?" I ask.

"Are you on the phone with my girlfriend?"

"No," I say, and quickly hang up with her. "Anyways, what's up?"

"Soooo, I might have done something..."

"Oh no. What did you do?"

"Imight'veinvitedyourexandherdaughteroutfordinnernextweek"

"You WHAT?!!!!"

"I'm sorry! It was impulsive!"

"Just wait until I'm done with you!"

"Sorry, daddy," Anthony says as he bites his lip.

"ANTHONY-!"

Josh's POV
Present-day

"I'm freaking out right now," I say

"Don't be. You'll be fine" Anthony tells me.

"What about what I'm wearing? Do you think it's too fancy or not fancy enough?"

"Relax. The place you chose is pricey. I don't think you look too fancy"

"I'm wearing a black and green suit. Are you sure that's not too much—?"

"Okay! Let's go"

He grabbed me by my shoulder and pulled me out the door. God, I hope this doesn't go wrong.

Alivia's POV

We got to the restaurant and it was waaaay fancier than I thought it would be. I'm glad I decided to wear this more formal dress than the first outfit I had picked out. Hopefully, Josh is paying for our meal because I am not going to be able to afford this. 

I walk up to the little stand they have set up with Leia on my hip and wait for someone to show up. When someone finally comes over they ask me if I have a reservation. 

"Um yes, I'm going to be seated with someone under the name Richards...or Josh. I don't know how you do things here." I laugh nervously, gosh why do I have to be so awkward at times. 

"Oh, yes Ma'am, right this way," the waiter grabs a regular menu and a kids menu for Leia and starts walking to where the tables are. This is where I start to get nervous. As we're walking, I can see Josh. This will be my first time meeting him in almost four years. Why did I agree to this??!? 

"Hey, Alivia!" Josh exclaims once he sees me, causing other people around us to give him dirty looks and tell him to be quiet. 

"Mommy, who's that?" Leia asks me, hiding her face in my neck. It's almost her bedtime, so I'm already expecting for her to be cranky. 

"Do you remember when mommy said that one day we're going to meet up with your dad? Well, today is that day. You wanna go say hi?" 

"No," she whines. This definitely wasn't a good idea. As long as she doesn't throw a tantrum, everything will be fine. I just have to get through one night. One night. 

As I approach the table, I notice someone else is there too. Damn it, Josh didn't tell me someone else was going to be here. This is why we broke up. Well...that's not true we broke up because he left me, but still! 

"Is this...her?" Josh asks, looking at Leia. 

"Yup," I respond. 

A/N: HEY GUYS!!! I am SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING! This chapter had me stuck for a while since I had no idea where to go with it. 

How do you think their dinner is going to turn out? Do you think it's going to go well or be a complete disaster? MAKE SURE TO LMK IN THE COMMENTS! (Votes are appreciated) 

775 WORDS