Eight

Josh's POV

I was sitting in the living room watching tv, when I hear the front door open. Bryce and Anthony must be back with the snacks.

"Finally, you're back! What did you get?" I ask them.

"Dude," Bryce said, not even acknowledging what I had said. "You didn't tell me you knew that girl"

"What girl?"

"You know, the hot one"

"Gee Bryce, thanks for elaborating" I say in a bored tone.

"Sorry. What's her name again? Alivia or some shit?"

That name alone made me drop my phone. Wait- that kinda rhymes-

"W-who said I knew her?"

"Anthony did," Bryce said, and I gave Anthony a look—to which he responded by mouthing 'sorry'. "We ran into her at target when she lost her daughter"

"Wait- she lost o- I mean, her daughter?"

"Yeah, but it was only for a second. I think she was chasing her when she ran into me"

I sighed, shaking my head. "Kids just don't understand how dangerous doing something like that is. Something bad could've happened"

"Well, yeah, but Anthony got her before she could get too far"

"And I'm glad he did. But it doesn't matter. That could've been anyone"

"I don't know why you're getting so worked up about this, man. You act like it's your kid" he says and I don't respond. "Oh my god, is it?"

"Oh definitely not. Trust me, if I had a kid you all would know about it" I say, and I could've sworn I heard Anthony try to suppress a chuckle.

"What're you laughing at, reeves?" I say.

"Nothing" he responds with a smile on his face as he head into the kitchen.

A/N: hey, guys! This was short filler chapter because when I started it I had no idea where it was going to go. Any ideas on what happens next??? Comment and vote please!