bonus chap!

Fourteen years later: (big time skip, ik)

Karlee and Isaac, now married and in their thirties. Their love still as strong as ever but of course, like any couple, they argued a lot which lead to them agreeing to something. Under no circumstances, they can't go to bed angry with each other, they had to be on good terms and that's how their relationship stood strong.

Isaac owns his very own orphanage in a small town in Denver, a working business and he made sure the children, babies or teenagers would get treated properly by their adoptive parents. While Karlee works as a surgeon, she works hard and makes time for her family. Her family. She had a thirteen year old stubborn (and rather bratty daughter) and a sweet, warm hearted seven year old boy with his twin sister Erica, also a sweet person. Allison, Erica and Aiden. Names of former friends.

It was no doubt the family was rich, having a large and modern house but Allison didn't understand the struggles of life and so, the two parents decided to make her work, no as in working at the cafe but walk the neighbors dog or mown the garden for ten dollars to try and make her more grateful and they're seeing a result. Allison reminded them of Jackson and the two were not happy about it.

Right now, Karlee stood in front of the mirror in her and Isaacs king sized bedroom. She hears him closing the door and starting quiet and low music as he goes over behind her, arms snaking around her waist and pulling her in. Karlee hadn't aged much, her hair only grew shorter but looked younger than her years, as well as Isaac but he had grown stubble which made him look as dashing as ever.

"How much today?" Karlee asks, feeling overwhelmed with work. She had been doing a twelve hour surgery and it had worn her out.

"Twelve." Isaac replies, chuckling. "One even offered to adopt a kid for a date." He adds and she laughs, shaking her head and turning to face him.

" He adds and she laughs, shaking her head and turning to face him

"That's too bad." She rests her head on his chest. "I'm thinking of quitting." Isaac remains quiet, waiting for her to continue. "I've been working there for five years, I make a hundred dollars an hour and this douche sexist guy just barges in like he owns the place and makes about two hundred dollars. Men."

Isaacs eyebrows furrow as he begins rubbing her back. "Why?"

"Welcome to the life of a woman." She grumbles and he sighs, giving her shoulder a small kiss as she inhaled him. "Erica likes to cook with me and Aiden likes to shop while Allison decorates, I'm thinking of opening a bakery. We have the money too, we just need motivation. Like a family job."

Isaac looks down, seeing her eyes piercing through his. "Okay. We'll open a bakery. Aiden and I can get the groceries, you'll cook with Erica and Allison will design the shop and sweets. This could either be a large success or fail."

"Yeah but I think it'll bring us closer. Today, I saw Allison using her allowance to donate to charity, I think this will help more. We can make some weird cake challenge and those who finish the cake first, gets a prize while we donate the money to charity as well." She muses thoughtfully, staring off before turning back to Isaac. "What do you think?"