𝟬𝟳.

||Damn not be forgetting this book existed😭||

Karlee

I WOULDN'T THINK ISAAC would kill someone, even as a werewolf, I don't think he would. I had known him for a long time and sometimes even had small conversations with him. Although I wouldn't want to admit, I've watched him and he rarely even hits anyone while playing lacrosse let alone murder his own father but maybe there's a possibility...

His father did abuse him so the police may suspect him for getting revenge but what if Jackson hadn't told them that Isaac and his father had a fight that day, would Isaac be okay by then without being considered a suspect? If Isaac tells them it was self defense, would he be forgiven? I run a hand through my hair.

I smile at the thought of seeing him riding a bike. Lydia finds it ridiculous that even though we're sixteen and he still rides a bike, I think it's cute. Before tenth grade, I went to school on a skateboard.

"If Isaac didn't kill his father, who did?" Scott asks, whispering when we entered Isaacs dark house, the both of us holding a flashlight and I look around, it seemed like a nice and pretty chill place.

Derek seemed irritated because Scott keeps asking him a series of questions. "I don't know yet."

"Then how do you know he's telling the truth?" Scott and I ask in unison. Although I know he wouldn't, there's a possibility that people change after turning.

"Because I trust my senses." Derek paused before adding, "And it's a combination of them—not just your sense of smell."

My eyebrows furrow as Scott stops walking and turns to Derek and it falls quiet for a couple of seconds that felt like forever. "You saw the lacrosse thing today..." he spoke to Derek. I couldn't help the giggle that escapes my lips.

"Yeah."

"Danny who didn't seem to mind the 'distance'." I muse and Scott smiles lightly before sheepishly turning to Derek.

"Did it look that bad?"

Derek put his arm around Scott. "Yeah."

Derek lead us to the basement and opened the door. "You wanna learn? Let's start now." He told us and we stood at the top of the staircase, looking around.

"Whats down there?" I curiously ask, going down the stairs and not waiting for an answer. I hear them talking behind me but ignore it and look down at the ground to see claw scratches. Scott appears next to me and kneels then puts his hands on the scratches then his eyes trail up to a fridge.

My eyebrows furrow and I walk over to it, slowly removing the lock and Derek appeared behind me making me tense, feeling his breathing behind me. "Open it." He told me. I could tell he wasn't happiest with me since I'm just human.

I hesitantly remove the lock and open it to see claw marks inside, my eyes slowly sting with tears threatening to spill. I look to the top to see even more scratch marks, poor Isaac, he deserves so much better and the worst part is, he had to keep this all to himself. I quickly blink the tears away and turn around to face Derek.

Isaac, if he was really trapped in here and his father put him here then staying in a prison cell must be hard, I wouldn't be surprised if he had claustrophobia, anyone in his position would.

"This is why he said yes to you." I spoke quietly and he took a step away from me.

Derek nodded slightly. "Everyone wants power."

"If we help you, then you have to stop. You can't just go around turning people into Werewolves!"  Scott's voice got louder, almost yelling while I continue staring.