She could see him from a distance. Calm, Staunt and vigilant as he stood in front of the cabin with his hands placed behind his back. She could smell him from where she stood on the thick tree branch covered by its leaves. Oda turned to the reader, "I know. I look stupid simping over a man I willingly left centuries ago. Just let me wallow in my self pity." She turned away from the reader and back to him. "He's fucking gorgeous isn't he."

Oda jumped from branch to branch, making sure her landings were light enough, that Druig wouldn't be able to catch her out. He was too perceptive. She landed near some thick bushels and crouched behind it. "Mother." a voice harshly whispered. "Mother."

"Otrera." she whispered back to her youngest child. "What are you doing here?"

"Brother told me what's happening, and I knew eventually you'd have to come back here for him." Otrera knelt by her mother and briefly looked over at the settlement. "He was fine. I've had the other Amazonians looking after him like you asked. He hasn't done much. Doesn't really go out further than the forests, he's just been here since you left... by himself."

"Otrera." she said in a warning tone. "Don't start today. You know why I left him and you."

"I understand mother, there's no need to lecture me." Otrera said. "You need to come with me. Unless you plan on staying the night behind a bushel. I doubt that'll be comfortable, especially in your condition."

"You act so much like your father." Oda grumbled as she stood up from her place and dusted herself off. "And you're starting to look like him." Otrera bursted out laughing, "He said the same thing the other day, but with you."

"So you still see him?"

"From time to time, when he's on the planet."

"That's good."

"Yeah..."

They walked silently next to each other as they jumped from tree to tree, moving further away from Druig's settlement. "How far are the rest?" Oda asked as they perched on a tree branch. "One or two miles away. There's only five of us, just to make sure there weren't any deviants near."

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Taking care of him, I know he didn't take too kindly to it. He's always stubborn when he needs help the most."

Otrera shrugged her shoulders and plucked an apple. "He's not that bad. Just keeps to himself."

Oda mused, "he's always been like that."

"I figured." Otrera said. "Mother, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"Was it worth the pain? For you, him, us? I've been trying to figure out if you got what you wanted from all of that."

Oda's brows scrunched together in an offended way. "What do you mean by what I wanted? Hmm. What do you mean by that Otrera?"

"Nothing Mother. It was a stupid question." The young Amazonian retreated. "We need to go before Hippolyta starts worrying." she watched as he daughter turned away from her and began walking back the path she'd come from.

The Amazonian women stood up from their encampment and met Otrera and Oda as they emerged from the cover of the forest.  They bowed in respect to the two women as they walked by to the largest tent, closest to the fire. "Hippolyta! Oda's here!" A bronzed skinned woman dressed in a simple bronze armour bodice and a lengthy skirt emerged from the flaps of the tent. "Hello grandmother." Oda opened her arms and welcomed her grandchild into her arms and pressed a firm kiss on her brow. "Now what are you doing here? I thought you hated the outside world."