Ulfat 🎀 - 3

Harib spent the next day completely busy in his office, with some so called important files in order to take his mind off of  someone's thoughts that lingered in his mind the whole night. He wasn't able to sleep a wink last night thinking about Inaya's response to the proposal. It wouldn't be wrong to say that he was very curious of her thoughts about him, yet he was nervous about it all at the same time.
Even if he was sitting in his office with a file in front of him, his mind was full of her thoughts . Her sparkling hazel brown orbs that he wanted to drown him self in, her puffy cheeks with a natural reddish hue, her smile..... God her smile.
He came out of his thoughts abruptly, aware of the fact that it was wrong.
He knew that it wasn't right for him to think about her like that and he needed a desperate distraction from her alluring thoughts, and what better way to distract himself than to indulge himself in his office files.

After a whole day of continuous work and torturing thoughts of his lady love, Harib quietly entered the Khan mansion ,and went directly to the lounge area searching for his family. They would always have their little family time when everyone was finished with there day's work.
He knew they would be waiting for him in the lounge hence he went straight to the lounge area.
Seeing the scene in front of him, he couldn't help the small smile that made its way to his lips
. His father and mother were both sat on the couch with their evening tea in their hands, enjoying each other's company while taking a few glances every now and than towards the two younger khan brothers, Shazil and Abaan who were indulged in an intense game of ludo,which Shazil was quite obviously winning.

"Assalam o alaikum".

Harib greeted as he came inside the room, shifting everyone's attention towards himself.

"walaikum Asalam..... Agya mera bacha"

Rajjab khan replied to her son, kissing his head affectionately.

While everyone was busy replieng to Harib's Salam including Shazil, not having his attention on the game, Abaan swiftly shifted his token where he could be able to have an easy win and returned his attention to his family who hadn't noticed his little move. Oh how sneaky these khan boys were.

"kia hua bhai.... Apki ankhen itni laal ku ho gain hain...... Lagta ha kl bhabhii ko dekhny ky baad raat bhar khushi sy neend nhi ai?"

Abaan also joined in the conversation, noticing his brothers sleep deprived eyes.
Harib who was close to drifting of in his mother's lap shot his eyes open at his little devil of a brother's remark. But before he could even think of a reply, his mother beat him to it

" chal hatt pagal... Kb sy tm dono mery bechary bachy ko tang kr rhy ho... Wo kaam sy thaka hua ghr ataa ha or phir tm log uski jaan nhi choty"
She scolded her sons while caressing Harib's hair.
Harib internally smiled at his mother's defending tone and gave her a small smile before resting his head back in her lap....

"wesy..... Tmhy Inaya pasand ayi na?..... Men keh hi rhi thi meri pasand ha! Achi to ho gi hi ... Dekho kesy saari raat usky khialaat men neend hi nhi aii."

He heard his mother say and felt embarrassed at the remark but remained quite not knowing what to say at his mother's teasing.
Now he knew for a fact that his brother's had gotten their humor from his mama dearest.

His father, who was silently watching the whole fiasco felt left out and decided to add a little spice of his own.

" tm sb log ku ussy tang kr rhy ho... Wo pehly hi is baat ky baary men soch soch kr halkaan hua jaa rha ha.... Hum ny usko abhi Inaya ka faisla bhi sunana ha... Yaad ha na Aftab bhai ny kia kaha tha call py...."