38 | drowned blood

WARNING: Contains triggers

There are elements in life you never dreamed could come first to you

There are elements in life you never dreamed could come first to you. People, objects, all kinds of things.

We never value things while we have them. We tear them down, make fun of them, occasionally even wish for them to disappear, but once it vanishes, we wish for them to come back or to never leave us, to never break, to say goodbye one last time.

Wouldn't it be easier if we knew when the time would be stopped ticking for those kinds of things?

'Life is hard, unfair' they say, and they sure didn't lie.

There was only one time I had felt this way.

Back when I was seven, standing in front of my childhood home with no index finger to hold on for my small little hands, coming back from playtime at Lorenzo and Isa's house, seeing my own home burn into ashes with my parents in it.

I didn't want to go back to those days.

I pleaded to never go back to those days. I didn't want to feel what I felt in that moment and the days after.

But here I was, seeing as the universe again took something precious from me and left me back to relieve the days again.

Because today all I could do was watch. I watched as the only human, the only woman who showed me, made me, feel something I had forgotten that existed in this life fall to the floor with nothing but a painted expression.

With not a single thought running through my mind I ran up to her holding her lifeless body in my arms.

I watched as she started and me with pride and love until her lips parted, and her vocal cords let her speak to me.

How often I had heard her angelic voice scream, yell, curse and talk.

I heard lots of things from her but next following words that left her mouth, I thought I would never hear from her until now.

"I love you Enzo, so much, too much."

She wanted to live. The girl who once wanted to disappear and die finally wanted to live.

And just as she accepted her existence, she got her past wish. The one wish she pleaded but now wanted to take back.

"Call an ambulance," I demanded Augusto while the boys tried to track the car down that had just driven away.

Some souls understood one another upon meeting. Maybe she never understood me but I did understand her the moment her beautiful eyes met mine.

Letting my head rest on hers I whispered over and over again how much I loved her when abruptly the coldest air flared over my entire body making goosebumps appear on my skin.

Lifting my head slowly I watched as her silver pupils the ones I had become too attached to get bigger and bigger until they stopped growing... completely.