Chapter 8 - Picking up the pieces

Luke

It's sometime later and the party has finally died down. It's only me, Nathan and Hadrien with some dirty blond chick he had been making out with for most of the night, who are left. Everyone else has either gone to bed or gone home. Thank fuck for that! Hadrien's girl is half asleep at his side, but I'm pretty sure he's not done with her for the night just yet. So, he allows her to lean her head on his shoulder while wrapping her arms around him from the side. I'm glad it's only us. I need my boys. After Kacie left my room to find Nancy or Angie or both, I didn't feel like partying anymore. But I came down from my room anyway, trying to make the best of the shitty night. The sexy lumberjack outfit got me plenty of attention from all the girls at the party and I soon had to fight girls off me, and off each other competing for my attention. So, finding someone to bury myself into and forget all my troubles would have been no problem. But after everything with Nancy and what Kacie said I didn't feel like it. Tonight was supposed to be a great fucking night.

It started off fan-fucking-tastic, with the team winning our game against our one of our archrivals by one touchdown. One I made with just 10 seconds to go on the clock. The game had been tied when Ollie, our tight end, got injured with only a couple of minutes left. Coach almost had an aneurysm right there on the sidelines. After some quick thinking on Nathan and Hadrien's part they suggested moving me from right tackle to the tight end position. Being out of other options Coach agreed. I played tight end in high school, but I wasn't able to keep that position when I transferred because Coach already had Ollie placed in that position. I hated that one of my guys had to get injured for me to play that position, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't fucking feel ecstatic playing tight end again. Nathan and I had secretly run some drills during practice with me as tight end, so we had a game plan, but we were at our 30-yard line, so we had a long way to go to secure a touchdown.

After two plays only gaining us about 5 yards, we had to haul ass if we were going to make it. Once the ball was in Nate's hands, he faked a pass to our running back meanwhile I ran down centerfield finding a hole in the defense. Nathan quickly clocked me down field and right before he got tackled to the ground, he let the ball fly to me. It was a perfect throw landing securely in my hands. In a nanosecond I secured the ball to my chest and ran down field passing the 50-yard line before an outside linebacker came towards me. But he never got the chance as Hadrien came from behind me and knocked him out of course. Now there was only one cornerback between me and the end zone. I quickly faked my course and had the cornerback heading towards my left when I, at the last second, shifted towards my right and ran the last 20 yards to the end zone. The stadium went berserk, and Coach almost ran onto the field in euphoria. Before I had a chance to do a little dance, I was lifted off the ground by Hadrien, meanwhile Nate made his way down field to congratulate me. Special teams took over, and I went to the sideline with the biggest grin on my face. I hadn't felt that good in a long time. Vanessa was far from my mind, and everything seemed right in my world. Coach immediately found me on the sideline also grinning like a maniac.

"That was a hell of a run, son."

"Thanks Coach," I said, not being able to lose my Cheshire cat grin.

"It looks like Ollie's out for the rest of the season... Congratulations. You're our new tight end... I'll make sure you and Nathan get some more time during practice." He said leaving before I had the chance to thank him again.

***

"What's with the sourpuss look, Luke?" Nate asks, ripping me from my thoughts. I didn't realize I was making a face, even while thinking of my touchdown. Shit tonight has taken a 180-degree turn.

"Yeah, what's up with that, Pretty Face? Shouldn't you be rolling in pussy right now after that touchdown?" Hadrien adds.

"Probably. I wasn't feeling it tonight," I answer.

FALLING in loveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara