4

Nessa's POV

"are you sure you want to change his diaper?" I ask ace who doesn't seem to want to do it but is doing it anyway.

"go rest, I will take care of him." is his only reply as he motions to the bed.

in all honesty, I am tired. I've been up all night with leo because he had a stomachache. 

nodding, I go to the bed and lay down. A part of me wants to sleep but the other wants to watch my handsome husband take care of our third kid.

choosing to rest because I have a lifetime to watch him I close my eyes, not even a second later I open them and give in into my inner self.

I watch as he frowns whenever leo kicks him, smiles when leo babbles, and scrunches his nose once he opens the diaper.

he had changed diapers before, more than I can count...but he always reacts as if it's the first time.

he is a good father to our kids and a good husband to me.

which brings me to his birthday present, it's tomorrow.

he managed to get over his hate for his birthday over the years. he's still tense when the day comes around but more relaxed than his first birthday together.

 I usually give him non-gifts gifts because he made it clear he doesn't want any presents , things like a weekend for just me and him, a night out together, and this year a baby.

his birthday is just an addition to it, I was thinking about how enzo had andrea growing up and leo is almost as old as enzo when I had andrea.

it's time to give him a sister or a brother to grow up with.

enzo and andrea began asking me if the baby fairy answered about giving them a sister and I myself am ready to have another baby.

a final baby.

I began thinking about this about 9 months ago, cancelled my birth control appointment 7 months ago and confirmed that I'm pregnant a week ago.

I don't know how far I am but I know it's less than 2 months because I took a pregnancy test every 2 months and the last one was negative.

I didn't tell ace about the appointment cancellation or the pregnancy yet. 

I wanted it to be a surprise and it happening around his birthday is a really good timing.

I plan on telling him today so we can all go to get an ultrasound tomorrow.

losing track of time, I find my thoughts mixing up with my reality and soon complete darkness.

-ꙬꙬꙬꙬꙬꙬꙬꙬꙬ

waking up after my long nap, the first thing I do is look around the dark room that only feels bright when I am surrounded by my loved ones.

I get up from my bed and walk to the bathroom to freshen up with my mind made up. I'm telling him right now not over dinner.

I leave the bathroom then the room feeling like my heart is about to come  out of my chest from excitement.

walking to his office where he's probably working as fast as my feet can carry me proved to be a struggle because no speed could beat the one I want to have or how fast I want to reach his office.

once I do, I stand outside  trying to catch my breath and find a way to tell him because if I get in right now I will be a smiling mess and won't be able to say a word.

taking a deep breath in I smile and place my hand on the door knob ready to get in but stop when I hear his deep voice.

"trust me man, you don't want to get married. it's a lot of shit and it can get suffocating."