Chapter 4 - His Butler, Host

Modern Era, Phantomhive mansion

"Young master, it is time to wake," Sebastian said as he drew open the curtains of the master bedroom. His young master sat up rubbing his eyes while Sebastian set about preparing tea. It had taken the better part of a century but Sebastian had managed to find food and tea that demons could enjoy eating. The young master had insisted they keep up the charade of humanity; it made their human ruler and employees more comforted. Sebastian had to admit, as he waited for the tea to steep, his master made the truth of their nature appear tragic to humans. Instead of being hunted for what he was, Ciel Phantomhive was painted a victim of circumstances; he had his humanity ripped from him at the tender age of fourteen by an evil demoness and Sebastian was his faithful protector and companion, a demon who had protected him from other demons and who helped him control his urges now that he must live as a demon.

"Today we have asphodel tea with blood vine leaves, and for breakfast a poached doxy egg with pomegranate," Sebastian said as he handed his young master the tea cup. Sebastian had not hired another chef since Bard but used his supernatural talent to make the strange, and poisonous food, appear appetizing to mortals. To a demon, they were a supplement for souls as they were made of plants and creatures that were of death. They also tasted delicious to demons, not like human sustenance which tasted of ash.

"For today, there is the ball you had prepared for the Order of the Phoenix; Albus Dumbledore has written that while he hoped an exception could be made for him in regards to your requirements, which was understandable as he has so many responsibilities, he has arranged suitable substitutes for the others. The children all agreed to come as well," Sebastian continued as he laid out the young master's clothes. He had accepted his role as Ciel's eternal butler, and now actually enjoyed the position more than he would ever admit. Out of all his contracts he had enjoyed Ciel the most, and while he was forever angry that he would never get to taste the young master's soul, he was proud of his master's aptitude as a fiend.

"Even Charles Potter is attending?" Ciel asked as he set the tea aside so Sebastian could dress him.

"Yes, young master. Along with his two close friends Hermione Granger, a muggleborn, and Ronald Weasley, a pureblood and blood traitor. Among the other children attending will be Ronald's elder brothers Fred and George Weasley, twins with an apparent devilish side, and their younger sister Ginerva," Sebastian said as he buttoned Ciel's white shirt and tucked it into his black shorts. "Among the professors attending are Minerva McGonagall, Albus Dumbledore and Remus Lupin, who is a werewolf."

"Is he similar to Fenrir Greyback, a naturist, or is he a dog of the ministry?" Ciel asked as Sebastian donned his blue socks.

"He is one who takes the wolfsbane potion and is registered to the ministry. He also is the lover of Lord Sirius Black, Charles Potter's godfather and last of his line. The ministry has outlawed inter-creature marriage last summer, so they cannot marry," Sebastian clarified as he finished tying his master's shoes and moved on to the sapphire blue coat.

"Is there anyone else in attendance?"

"The head of the Weasley family, Arthur, and his wife Molly will be here. The Potters are of course attending. Also two aurors, one Kingsly Shacklebolt and Mad Eye Moody," Sebastian said as he tied the blue ribbon around his master's neck before tying on the eye patch. Ciel insisted on continuing to wear it, to keep up the charade he had while still mortal.

"Well, that is quite the party they are sending. I suppose they didn't wish to lose their voice in these matters; as if they even have one," Ciel said with scorn. Sebastian knew of Ciel's original past. When a contract was made, the demon saw the soul they would eat, in its entirety. He knew of the Potters and Dursleys and Albus Dumbledore; he also knew that Ciel knew, although he considered Harry Potter a different person and long dead. Sebastian agreed wholeheartedly with his young master on that regard. His young master, Ciel Phantomhive, was stronger and nobler than Harry Potter could ever have been. He also was so far superior to the Potters that he could never be Harry Potter again. They walked in silence to the dining room for Ciel's breakfast. Even as a demon Ciel had a weak constitution and needed the sustenance of either souls or the suitable substitutes Sebastian had found.