[8] Take it slow.

Dec's POV

3/9/25

Me and Ant are sat on the park bench, holding hands. This doesnt quite feel real. I stare into my boyfriends eyes in awe. I can't believe he's mine. He's finally mine.
As Ant leans in for a kiss, my lips feel dry and I lick them awkwardly. He doesn't notice and kisses me anyway. We stay like that for a few seconds before he pulls away. We look at each other for a while lovingly and then I feel Ant rubbing my thumb with his. In small circular motions. And it's such a little thing, but I love it.

I kick the stones under my feet, it's like a strange gravelly type texture which digs into the soles of your shoes and wears them down quickly. Not annoying at all. I look up at Ant and I see that the wind has blown his hair up into a spike shape. He reminds me of Sonic the Hedgehog.

"You should get some blue hair dye, then you'd look like Sonic" I say jokingly.
"Only if you do it too" He replies, raising one eyebrow at me challengingly.
I think about it for a moment. Oh, what the hell.
"Ok sure!"
Ant looks at me surprised.
"Ok then-"
He gets up and pulls me up after him. We walk down the gravel pathway, our hands still intertwined.
"Was today nice for you Declan?" Ant asks.
I stare straight ahead, deep in thought.
"I wish it could be like this every day Anth."
"Well Decky...I have a surprise for you. But only after we dye our hair blue!"
I laugh. A real laugh. I love this man more than words can say.

We reach the supermarket. Ant drags me in and picks up a basket.
"Why the basket Anth?"
"Well we need to get the necessary products, don't we?"
I didn't think it was that much work.
"What products?"
"Well for a start we need bleach for our hair-"
Oh my god the image of me and Anth with bleached hair is just hilarious. We will probably blend into the wallpaper in my house which is a creamy white colour.
"Then we need the blue dye and to be safe I think we should get some spare plastic gloves. Also some new dark towels as well and some popcorn for movie night!"
"Movie night?"
"You'll see."
Ant pulls me into the main store and we walk towards the hair products aisle. We find the bleach and the blue, and the gloves too. Then we check out at the self check out before heading next door to b&m for some towels.
"Nice one Anth."
"Thanks Decky."
Ant walks over to the bus stop and sits down on the benches. He pats the space next to him, like he wants me to join him there. I sit down next to him and I nuzzle my head into his shoulder. He starts to cry.
"Anth what's wrong?"
"I-I've wanted this for so long and- and now it's finally happening and- and I'm just so grateful f-for it."
My heart feels like it is being wrenched out of me in sympathy for this incredible man.
"Hunny it's ok! Let it all out."
"I'm being such a baby."
"You aren't. Sometimes you just need to cry."
"Thanks Decky."
I stroke his hair comfortingly until the bus arrives and we purchase two tickets. We sit down on the top deck at the front and stare out at the night sky above us.

"It's so beautiful Anth."
"Like you." Ant looks at me adoringly.
I blush profusely.
"Anthhhh"
"Whattttt"
"I love you."

Ant looks shocked. I haven't said these words to him before and he was obviously not expecting it this soon.

"You don't have to say it back if you're not ready yet." I say to him, completely understanding that this might be moving too fast for him.

"We can take it slow if you like."
"Anth talk to me."

Ant looks at me and smiles.

"I love you too Dec."
He puts his arm around my waist and kisses me in the moonlight, on the top deck of that double decker bus. He bites my lip tenderly before brushing my top teeth with his tongue. I kiss him back harder, my lips moving fast against his. His lips taste like cherry. He must have chapstick on.

The bus stops and it's our stop. We get off, people staring at us repulsed.

"We're gay, deal with it." I say before walking down the pavement, holding Ant's hand and swaying my hips.

"You know, I expected better off modern society." Ant says, shaking his head in disbelief.
"Me too. Hey, where did you get that chapstick from? It tastes awfully nice."
Ant groans in dismay.
"CRAP."
I laugh.
"No no no, I like it. It suits you. Where did you get it?"
"This is the awkward part Decky."
I look at him concerned. Did he steal it?
"I got it...I got it from Claire's."
I burst out laughing.
"Damn you Ant McPartlin. I thought you had stolen it or something!" I manage to squeeze these words out in between my fit of chuckles.
"Well, I am here to annoy you. That is my job." He says irritatingly.
"And you're incredibly good at it too." I reply quickly.
"Hmm, you have quick wit Declan Donnelly."
"How do you think I made my living? These good looks aren't the whole package, you know." I roll my eyes as I say this.
"Correction- we made OUR living!"
"Stop being pedantic and carry me home."
"Ok little Decky."

We walk through the front door. Well Ant does. I lie there in his arms, staring up at his perfect face. Ant puts me down and I go on my tiptoes to kiss his cheek.
"Now its time for that hair dyeing regime!"

────── 〔✿〕──────

a/n: i'm back besties<3 i hope you enjoyed this chapter , i'll be updating soon!!