Eleven

Unless it’s mad, passionate, extraordinary love, it’s a waste of your time. There are too many mediocre things in life. Love shouldn’t be one of them. ­– Dreams For An Insomniac

◌◌◌◌◌

Eleven
Five years ago – July 26, 2013

I woke up to the suns’ rays beaming through the glass window beside my bed. Sunshine poured in; a brightened spotlight radiated on my white oak floor. A swirl of dust particles danced in the light and floated amid the atmosphere of my room. Still in a sleepy haze, I rubbed my eyes and stretched my arms.

I recalled bits and pieces of the dynamic dream I had just had. There wasn’t really much of anything to recollect at all. I just remembered there was only a whirlpool of colors and they celestially waltzed in the background of my mind. Mingling shades of scarlet, chartreuse, and lavender popped like fireworks and frolicked in a flurry. I smiled to myself and knew it was a pleasant dream; it harmonized the mood I had been in lately.

Last week, Harry admitted that he loved me. And since then, I couldn’t be any happier. I didn’t think I could have ever been this happy. I had a hard time believing it for a while; I thought it was one of those daydreams I was always stuck in. But it had been real. It happened.

But with all of the good things, something was bound to go wrong. That day that we had kissed and confessed our feelings was the same day Harry went to end things with Vanessa. And from what he told me, she didn’t take it well.

She was in tears, and incapable of stopping her stuttering and sniffling. The thought of her undoubtedly beautiful face stained with sorrow-filled teardrops caused the pit of my heart to ache. Harry revealed that she had been repeating over and over, “I should’ve known.”

I wanted him to tell me what she meant by that, but he simply said he didn’t know. I’ll have to ask again.

It was painful to know how hurt she was; I underwent the exact feeling just a week ago. Even though I was never a big fan of hers, Vanessa wasn’t a bad person. All of the times I had sat there in agony, watching the two of them together, she was nothing but nice to me. And just knowing that her heart was broken caused a ripple in mine. I had been there, and no one deserved to go through that.

I grabbed my phone off of the nightstand for my craving to speak with Harry was too fierce. I sent him a quick message to start things off.

Sent – Hi Harry..

Within seconds, he replied.

Harry .x – Hello love .x

Sent – Is Vanessa alright?

I had to make sure that she was okay, considering things were unmistakably my fault.

Harry .x – Yes. She’s feeling better.. So stop worrying about her please? And don’t apologize for anything. It was all me. Don’t think any more of it.