Meeting with Anglica again

Yona POV

As I stepped into the greenhouse with the butler; I saw many young noble ladies sitting around a round table. At the head seat, there sat a woman who looked to be in her 50s, she had black hair with green eyes, pale skin, she wore a black dress. I already knew who that woman was, seating in the head seat.

It was none other than Duchess Romane. The woman whose husband had died. Really? Who the heck is this woman?

Did I lose some memory or so? That I can't even remember this damn character!

With a big fake smile, I removed my hand from the Butler and moved towards the table where 6 to 7 young and old noblewomen were sitting.

The butler frowned but still did his job, of announcing my arrival.

"Lady Cordelia, the second wife of Lord Karl, is here Madam".

As the words escaped from his mouth the Duchess nodded her head and she spoke,"Ok butler, you shall take your leave".

The butler spoke, "I shall excuse myself then"

She turned her head from the butler to me, she looked at me with a sharp, cold gaze as if looking at an old enemy. I gulped as I stood there waiting for her to speak.

She spoke with a smile, though I could still see the coldness in her eyes. "Welcome Lady Cordelia, There are some of my friends whom I am sure you know of; Lady Rose, Lady Diva, Lady Flora, and Lady Lisa."

I nodded my head, yet I didn't even know any of these ladies, or I had never even heard their names before. But there is no problem with pretending to know them, is it? As the other ladies started talking about themselves and more nonsense I suppose. It was so dull that I felt like I was between aged people.

Most of the time they talked about their husbands and their children etc. I felt like if I was in my own world, I would describe my situation as sitting between your elder aunties and listening to their nonsense. Of course the elder talk, I would get bored as I am just a young girl who now became an evil mother of 3 children, with 2 friendly sisters whose children are also the male leads with problems and of course an evil horrible monster of a husband.

Just now I realized how hard of a life I am living, but as I said, I have learned enough from my anime, manga, and novels, enough to feel like an adult.

I just feel stupid for listening to that Karl jerk, If I had known I was going to go through this I wouldn't have even come if I was the respected wife of the Vampire King, which I don't really think Cordelia was viewed as.

As I was busy complaining inside myself about my misery, I didn't even heard the woman whom I came to meet, whose name I forgot.

"Lady Cordelia, are you okay?"
I didn't even understood why this woman was even asking when her expression clearly told me: 'I hate you to death, as she stared at me with her piercing gaze.

I showed my best smile that wasn't looking fake to her and spoke, "Yes, Lady Romane, I am certainly well. I just felt a little headache, that's all. Thank you for your concern"

If I was like those heroines of those transmigration novels, sunny and naive little things I wouldn't have seen the coldness in her eyes and would have tried to befriend her or so, as since the very start I have been nice to all. Really I am not a white lotus.

No, I am not like that at all, the wording," an eye to eye and a tooth to tooth", is what I follow. If you are good to me, I would certainly return the favor however if you are horrible and mean towards me, I am not mean to you back at the exact moment but your nightmare soon to be seen.