There were rumors of him being the reason behind the disappearance of many nobles, mainly of those who did not co-operate with him and did not obey his orders. Unlike his father, he did not show mercy to those who were truly innocent. He punished those who he thought were guilty, which was a problem as his judgements were heavily based on what the head of Cho clan told him.

The people suspected that the king had knowledge about this. But at the end of the day, he was still his son, whom he loved more than his life. Even though the prince did not care about him, he still loved him, hoping for the day his bright boy would return to his father.

Seokjin could feel the prince studying him, making him fist his hanbok tight to control his uneasiness. "May... may I have the permission to leave your highness?", he asked stuttering. The prince hummed which Seokjin took as sign and he scurried into the alley, feeling the prince's eyes on him, even as he walked past him.

He breathed out a sign of relief as he entered the alley. On reaching Jimin's house, he found Namjoon waiting for him there, "Where were you Seokjin-ah?", he asked worriedly. "Nothing I just ran into someone", Seokjin said with a soft smile, embracing him. Namjoon held him close, stroking his long, soft hair as he rested his head on Namjoon's shoulder, inhaling his calming scent already forgetting about the incident that happened a few minutes ago.

Jimin smiled as he watched the duo. " Just kiss already ", he mumbled with a sign. "What?", Seokjin turned to him and asked. "Nothing. Nothing at all", he grinned, trying to cover up his little slip. "You guys go ahead, I'll make sure no disturbs you". "Okay! Let me know if you see someone looking for me". "Okay!", Jimin concurred.

Jimin could not hide his smile as he watched at them go. " Why are you smiling? ", a deep voice whispered from behind. It wasn't necessary for him to turn around and look at the person to find out who was speaking, the voice was more than enough for Jimin to recognize him immediately.

"I was looking at Namjoon hyung and Seokjin hyung", he said turning towards Taehyung who had rested his face on his shoulder and was gazing up at him. " Hope they confess soon. I wonder how can these two be so oblivious to each other's feelings", Taehyung chuckled, Jimin giggling in response.

"They look good together".

"Yes, they do".

XXX

Seokjin and Namjoon made their way into the greenery. Even when they reached their usual spot, Namjoon did not stop. "Where are you going?", Seokjin inquired. Namjoon just winked at him. Extending his hand out to him, Namjoon said, "I want to show you something. Do I have the permission. I promise we won't go far into the forest and we'll be back by sundown". Seokjin narrowed his eyes, searching Namjoon's eyes for a hint but all he saw was amusement and excitement.

"Okay....", Seokjin agreed taking Namjoon's hands. "But where are we going?". " Oh you'll see".

They climbed a gentle slope, through the trees to come across a stream flowing in the middle of their path. There were a few rocks that could serve at their bridge. " I'll go first. Follow me okay?". "Hmm".

The rocks had moss growing on them which made them extremely slippery. Seokjin held tight onto Namjoon's hands who guided his steps. Suddenly, he slipped on a rock and lost his balance. He shut his eyes tight, waiting to to hit the water as he fell. But just then, a strong arm encircled his waist, and he found his arms going around Namjoon's neck to hold himself steady.

The moment he opened his eyes, air was knocked out of his lungs. Namjoon's face was so close to his, their noses touching and lips barely inches apart. Namjoon's warm breath fanned his face as he spoke, "Are you okay?". "Ye-ah", he replied shakily.